Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Comfortable Cargo Pants

Feedback Score
    I started this thread over a year ago and had never heard of Vertx pants at the time. From the advice I quickly got, I decided to get a pair of Vertx pants. I have been wearing the pants almost daily ever since. They are extremely comfortable. I’ve just started wearing my second pair and still have one brand new pair. I’ve been very happy with them. I can guess that they have probably been thru the wash at least 45 times. The only issue I have with these pants is the same issue I have with any pant I wear. I have a very bad back, and whenever I need to pick something off the floor, I need to get down on my right knee in order to keep my back as straight as possible. Been this way for 22 years. Hence, I wear holes in the right knee of all pants. With jeans, the holes will appear in less than two months. It took 11 months to wear a hole in the knee of my Vertx pants. The hole has been patched, and should be good for a while. I will continue to wear them. The pants are a little baggier than I like, but that translates to very comfortable.

Below is a photo of the pants I’ve been wearing for almost a year next to a pair I’ve worn a couple of times, but have not been washed yet. They do fade, but that doesn’t take away from their durability.

The bottom of the pants, as seen in the photo below, has frayed a little in front from rubbing on shoes. If the pants were shorter, this would not be an issue, but with shoes on, the length is excellent, and this is a very minor issue for me.

The next photo below shows the hole in the knee before they got patched. I just could not see trashing these still very serviceable pants just because of a hole in the knee.

In conclusion, these Vertx pants get a 10 rating from me. I know there are a lot of other choices out there, and many have been mentioned in this very lengthy thread, but I have not tried any of them yet. This is just a quick and dirty review of my Vertx pants after nearly a year of nearly constant wear and at least 45 cycles thru the washer and dryer, maybe more. It’s just a guess. This ends my quick review as a thanks for the recommendations for Vertx. Hope this review helps. One of these days, I’ll get around to trying some other brands mentioned in this thread.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    My favourite cargo pant is 5.11's Stryke Pants. Lighter version of their TacLite Pro's, and stretchy too.
    [1 year later...]

Agreed. The Stryke pants are extremely comfortable, look less tactical than the Tac Lites, have higher cargo pockets (and better arrangement, IMO), and have been great for me in 18-80 degree weather. I wear them nearly every day (I wear Propper STL-1 pants on occasion).

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    looked and couldn't find it but no one has mentioned Massif Battle Ax Pants -- http://gearwhoresanonymous.forumotio...ant-soft-shell

I got a pair when they went on sale and liked them so much I got two more. they are described as "soft shell" pants, probably because of the water repellent finish, but I wear them for everyday and have no comfort issues. they are not hot/sweaty, the stretchy fabric is very comfortable, and the opening to the cargo pockets are set on an angle which I find ingenious if you need to access them while sitting.

they came with fabric drawstrings that go in a tunnel to tie off the hem but I removed those as they are not floppy around the ankles without it. great all around pants for everyday and for anything outdoors. I like them better than my Carhartts when it's wet out though they do look a little mil/tactical if that's an issue...
    never push a wrench...

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233