Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oregon lawmakers drop attempt to....

Feedback Score

Oregon lawmakers drop attempt to....

Oregon lawmakers drop attempt to ban the sale of assault weapons and of high-capacity gun clips
    http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/inde...p_attempt.html

This is only a tiny battle "victory" in this WAR so the fight is FAR from
    over!! BUT we the voters keep pounding them with E-mail's and phone calls and "we the people" stand a better fight at this assault on our 2nd amendment.

I can't believe how many have YET to join the NRA or lift a finger
    to help yet will cry with the loudest when they loose their rights.
    (many would rather pick out and argue they called them "hi cap clips"...
    Then be able to let grammar slide (even though MANY "bad guys" are walking the streets because grammar in court)

"We will not go quietly into the night"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is great news. Let's hope we can get the job done at the national level.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    What is the makeup of the Oregon legislature? Minnesota just pulled back too, and I believe they are a majority Democrat.

This is worrying me to be honest. If we were getting ready to call in the coup de grace strike, I would pull back the "friendlies" so they stay in one piece.

So....anyone else think the US Senate has the mettle to pass one, and then the US House has enough cave ins?
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score

Re: Oregon lawmakers drop attempt to....

Im still confused why they would be concerned about law abiding citizens that go through the proper channels of obtaining a CCP. Wasnt a study done that found out concealed permit holders are 13 times less likely to commit any crime compared to the average citizen. Let alone a violent crime.

Just goes to show, they arent interested in safety.....

Feedback Score
    Its all about power. They know that all the other Ammendments are protected by the 2nd.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Minnesota just pulled back too, and I believe they are a majority Democrat.

This is worrying me to be honest. If we were getting ready to call in the coup de grace strike, I would pull back the "friendlies" so they stay in one piece.
    Yes, Minnesota just pulled back. They were taking public comments on a set of bills in the Senate that were as onerous as NYC. Minnesota has a Democrat majority House and Senate, and a Democrat Governor. I have to say, Minnesota 2A advocates really stepped up, aided significantly by the NRA and the Minnesota-based Gun Owner's Civil Rights Alliance (GOCRA). Gun owners absolutely flooded the hearings and there was a huge letter campaign. What the Governor and the legislature found out was that this is not a Republican-Democrat issue. Rural Minnesota and their representatives, even the Democrat legislators were very opposed. Democrat party leaders were alarmed at the lack of support by their outstate party members, and the Governor, who last year vetoed a stand-your-ground bill heavily passed by bother houses, even backed down stating he wouldn't sign any bill that didn't have rural support. Enlightenment, or the face of stark political reality? Heh.

Anyway, AWB and magazine limits are dead for now, with the Democrat chairman of the Judiciary Committee saying they were absolutely not going to hear any bill on those issues. Minnesotans can't rest, however. They are now working around the edges and trying to weasel a UBC into some kind of omnibus bill. GOCRA and the rural grass roots are on it, despite a bunch of hearing-rescheduling shenanigans.

Opposition to all this bullshit was greatly aided by a lot of support from law enforcement. Rank and file, anyway. Police chiefs from the big city are doing their usual dog and pony show and toeing the line.

I think we should be worried on the national front. I'm not convinced that some kind of magazine ban doesn't still have some life left in it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oregon is heavily Democrat with last several governors, and both houses of legislature, friendly courts to progressives, etc. But we have a solid ase of hunters, shooters, and outdoorsmen that would revolt. Many guys will vote democrat for the union or other social reasons but would turn against the Dems in Oregon if they pushed gun laws. Guns are probably the closest to a third rail issue we have here.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    That's kind of what I am worried about the National Democratic leadership telling these guys to pull back, because they have the unassailable people to cast the votes for a win in the Senate, and they may have enough turncoats in the House.

So, preserve the state level dems, who they may need for other pushes, and tackle this at the national level, for now.

You see my thinking?
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    That's kind of what I am worried about the National Democratic leadership telling these guys to pull back, because they have the unassailable people to cast the votes for a win in the Senate, and they may have enough turncoats in the House.

So, preserve the state level dems, who they may need for other pushes, and tackle this at the national level, for now.

You see my thinking?
    They haven't pulled back here in Illinois, and they have a direct pipeline to the elite ruler.
    If anything they're pushing harder every day.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    They haven't pulled back here in Illinois, and they have a direct pipeline to the elite ruler.
    If anything they're pushing harder every day.
    I think you're missing what I am saying, in places like NY, CA and IL they are not really in danger of losing their DEM majority, ever. They can push, push push.

In places like MN and OR, I think they are holding on to a DEM majority, but if they wake up the mostly silent, and conservative electorate, they could end up on the outside, looking in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast