Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My SBR Weapon Light Conundrum

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I like it. very simple and uses less space. thanks for the pics!!

you are using 8 slots where my set up is 13 slots.

Yes.....start saving. I can deal with the constant on. I too am a lefty rifle shooter!

Feedback Score

My SBR Weapon Light Conundrum

Quote Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
    I have a 10.5" MRP that I have tried a few different lights and mounts from my other AR's, that I jsut don't like the feel of. They just seem to bulky for the 10.5"

I've tried the 6P and G2X, in both the Gear Sector off-set mount and Thorntail mount (non-SBR version).

Both lights feel too bulky on the upper to me.

The Thorntail allows for increased rail space, but adds to the overall length. And Obvious less than ideal conditions right up near the muzzle.

The Gear Sector doesn't increase the overall length but eats up rail/hand space (with these 2 lights).

I'm thinking about the M300A or the M600C.

I'm also interested in maybe a QD setup in a Larue mount.

Anyone have some experience with these on an SBR setup?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I appreciate the advice!
    Here is the best solution I found for my 8.5" barrel SBR. It consists of a Streamlight TLR1-HL mounted at the 6 o'clock position . Just AFT of that I am using a FAB AFG. The ergonomics are spot on, my left index finger can fully manipulate the switch ( strobe or steady on) of the weapon light with very little movement from its resting position on the AFG. The light output is over 600 lumens and it is well focused. This former AR pistol is now my primary home defense weapon .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ltcal94; 03-15-15 at 21:47.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456