Thread: 2nd Amendment Sub-Forum

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

2nd Amendment Sub-Forum

As we all know the Pro Gun Control faction is taking root in many of our States. Trying to keep up with their proposed bills is like trying to find out who needs what in "The Where Can I Get This" thread. There's a whole lot of noise to filter through in order to get to heart of the matter. The same goes for trying to find something in General Discussion. Too many topics and threads and posts to filter through. I know even going through the threads in the "Regional" forum searching for 2A specific threads is very time consuming since a lot of the threads do not deal with 2A.

If we had a specific 2A "Sticky" that only dealt with national and state wide issues dealing specifically with proposed bills brought up to ban and or restrict our gun rights, it would help streamline access to this vital information. I propose that the "Sticky" be heavily moderated to prevent threads putting forth opinion, debate, discussion, or what have you, in order to keep the noise factor out of it. That is already provided for in General Discussion. Threads that provide "Alerts" with factual info or links to these bills and their updates would be allowed. Members of their respective states would be allowed to post links to their respective pro gun state associations. This would greatly help all members on where to go and what to do to combat this national threat to our Constitutional rights quickly.

This Forum deals specifically with the weapon system that these bills are specifically targeting. Though the Forum is technical in nature, I can't help but believe that having a small, specific in scope, political action "Sticky" of our own can only help it's membership fight back against this threat. Without the weapon, there is no forum. Please consider this proposal. The time is now and most likely always. The movement needs our collective help. If having another separate forum to deal with this specific topic is deemed unnecessary, would the Forum consider having a "Sticky" in the Regional forum to assist in this undertaking?
    Last edited by 3 AE; 02-23-13 at 17:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I much prefer the simple, minimialistic, and to the point set up of the forum however I would back this idea. The 2A threads are the only reason I have to go to GD and it'd help me avoid that area as much as I'd like.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
    I much prefer the simple, minimialistic, and to the point set up of the forum however I would back this idea. The 2A threads are the only reason I have to go to GD and it'd help me avoid that area as much as I'd like.
    That is exactly why I proposed this. It would be simple, minimalistic and to the point forum with no room for discussion, opinion, or hearsay. Threads and posts would have to provide links to actual proposed bills, and updates along with links to pro gun associations. No "noise" allowed. Actually, on second thought, it wouldn't be a forum by definition. Rather information based source for the membership. A "Sticky" would be a better place for this. Damn, I just don't want to go back and edit my entire original post! I thought it was so well worded when I hit the Submit button.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A Second Amendment Forum would be a good place to funnel all of the firearm rights posts into one place. I wonder how much trouble it would be for the moderators to set up.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I erroneously started another thread on the same subject.

I'm for it. It wouldn't be difficult for the staff to set up. The question is would it add extra moderating work? Most of the 2A threads I've read have stayed pretty good. Not too much name calling. If it doesn't bring some of the out-of-hand stuff that's found in the GD, it wouldn't make any more work. But if it follows, then there could be two subs that require extra attention and that's not good.