Thread: MOLLE, ALICE, MALICE, & Belt Mount

Feedback Score

MOLLE, ALICE, MALICE, & Belt Mount

Any thoughts on the pros & cons of MOLLE, ALICE, MALICE, & Belt Mount Gear?

Feedback Score
    Hmmm. You got a few days to explore that topic?

The Cliff Notes version, there has been a major evolution in LBE in the past few years. We have gone from basic WWI/II era gear to the new modular PALS webbing systems: SPEARS, MOLLE, BALCS, etc.

The current trend is moving away from a monolithic "armor carrier" back to a more layered approach, with separate BA and LBE. Padded belt kits (aka "battle belts") are being integrated with chest rigs, with hard/soft armor worn underneath as required.

More and more people are taking a more contextual approach to gear (and weapons). Figuring out what works for them rather than just aping what they see others wear.

But that's just me, draw your own conclusions. I've been sewing my ass off and haven't been out of my cave in awhile.
    Working for Crossfire Australia, a military rucksack and load-bearing equipment company. Still doing limited design and development of nylon LBE.

Feedback Score
    Diz...I see you design gear...Anywhere I can check out your work?

Feedback Score
    This is prolly the best place. Search for the Minuteman, Swampfox, or Alleycat rigs.

Check out the Shihan rig as well.
    Working for Crossfire Australia, a military rucksack and load-bearing equipment company. Still doing limited design and development of nylon LBE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diz View Post
    This is prolly the best place. Search for the Minuteman, Swampfox, or Alleycat rigs.

Check out the Shihan rig as well.
    Thanks for the plug Diz.