Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FULL: Vickers Tactical Advanced Pistol / Carbine Class – July 11-13, 2008 – VA.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

FULL: Vickers Tactical Advanced Pistol / Carbine Class – July 11-13, 2008 – VA.

FULL - Vickers Tactical Advanced Pistol / Carbine Class – July 11-13, 2008 – South Hill, Virginia.

Vickers Tactical website: www.Vickerstactical.com

Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.

Select Special Operations , Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.

This is a master class level and above course; regardless of your skill level you will be challenged. Topics covered will be review of safety, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment, reloads, presentation, shooting positions and trigger control. More advanced topics will include shooting on the move, barricade, weak side shooting, and possible challenging team work drill. Courses of fire to be used are based on skill evaluation and development. Any Shooter will leave the course with a firm grasp on strengths and weaknesses and drills to help themselves improve.

Primary Instructor: Larry Vickers

- Class dates: July 11-13, 2007

- Cost: $600

- Range facilities: Private range (Directions will be provided during class sign-up)

- Class size: Maximum sixteen students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

Carbine:
    - Serviceable duty grade carbine of minimum 5.45 / 5.56 caliber
    - Serviceable sling (tactical type preferred.)
    - Minimum of 5 serviceable carbine magazines
    - Carbine mounted white light
    - Optics – (Optional, but highly suggested)
    - Minimum 1 carbine magazine pouch - or method to carry at least two spares magazine(s)

Handgun:
    - Serviceable duty grade handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
    - Minimum of 5 serviceable pistol magazines
    - Serviceable holster
    - Minimum 2 pistol magazine pouches
    - Handgun mounted white light (Optional)
    - Visible lasers (Optional)

MISC:
    - Hand held white light
    - Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
    - Suitable range wear depending on the season
    - Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
    - Good attitude

Zeroed Weapons: 50-yard carbine preferred, but others are acceptable if you have a good reason why and understand it. Know your handguns zero at various ranges.

Ammo Requirements:
    - 800 rounds of handgun
    - 800 rounds of carbine

Class prerequisites: Anyone attending this class must have attended at least a level I pistol or carbine class – both would be preferable. Other instructors training classes, military, LE training will of coarse be accepted but on a case-by-case basis. Please have a training resume ready to submit during class registration.

***Vickers Tactical sponsors will be providing free give a ways that will be used as prizes during the class. ***

Please contact me at photaling10@verizon.net or M4carbine.net PM if you would like to attend.
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 06-21-08 at 11:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good thing my tax returns have finally came in. I'll be sending you a shout in the next couple of days

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    E-mail sent!!

Paul,

I would like to sign up for this class, but am not sure if I will be able to make it. I Just volunteered to get off the IRR and back into the Army Reserves and will not know when my drill weekends are until I report to my unit (I'm still waiting for my orders).

Is it possible to reserve a slot contingent on me finding out when my drill weekends are going to be? I should know the dates within a few weeks (at least I hope so).

FYI, I attended the Vickers/Hackathorne Lowlight Carbine/Pistol class in Ohio last May.

Thanks,
    Carlos
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    I am pretty sure i am going to this as well. I will know by the end of this weekend.

Carlos, bring the binne with the propeller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looking forward to this one!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'll be there too!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would love to attend this one......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This will be one damn fun class. A lot of great guys are signing up.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to attend.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    E-mail sent!!

Paul,

I would like to sign up for this class, but am not sure if I will be able to make it. I Just volunteered to get off the IRR and back into the Army Reserves and will not know when my drill weekends are until I report to my unit (I'm still waiting for my orders).

Is it possible to reserve a slot contingent on me finding out when my drill weekends are going to be? I should know the dates within a few weeks (at least I hope so).

FYI, I attended the Vickers/Hackathorne Lowlight Carbine/Pistol class in Ohio last May.

Thanks,
    Carlos
    Talk to your 1SGT. If he is a bit squared-away, he will try and accomidate your schedule to allow you to attend.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Looking forward to this one!
    and possible challenging team work drill.

What was that you said in the other thread about it being a good thing you weren't the one being dragged thru the mud during that Fallaujia drill?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast