Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: FULL: Vickers Tactical Advanced Pistol / Carbine Class – July 11-13, 2008 – VA.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looked like a great class, especially after reading the AAR posted below.

Being that this range is only about 45 minutes from my house I need to jump in on some of these LAV classes.

Note to self....LAV in Va.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was pleasantly surprised by the SCAR. It is a well thought out weapon that anyone with AR training can pick up and run fairly easily right off the bat. It's also lighter than I thought it would be.

Hearing a bit about the money and effort being put into the SCAR program leads me to believe that it's going to be a very good weapon when all is said and done....the civilian version is definitely something I'm interested in. Right now it seems to me that FN is probably the most on the ball of the big gun companies.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Great class, great instructor, great group of shooters.

It was a pleasure to train with you guys.

I'm editing pics and video now, there are a lot of them, and I'll be posting them in JW777's AAR below, as well as links to the full size pics.

Special thanks to Sinn Fein for taking the time for this class, making the trip down and giving us all our first real hands on impression of the SCAR-L and new FN 45, one of which will more than likely be finding it's way into my safe.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by the SCAR. It is a well thought out weapon that anyone with AR training can pick up and run fairly easily right off the bat. It's also lighter than I thought it would be.

Hearing a bit about the money and effort being put into the SCAR program leads me to believe that it's going to be a very good weapon when all is said and done....the civilian version is definitely something I'm interested in. Right now it seems to me that FN is probably the most on the ball of the big gun companies.
    Nice to hear opinions from those who have actually handled and shot the weapon instead of the usual "Well, from what I can see from the pic etc...."

Feedback Score
    Class went very well and as I promised at the outset it was a special one - thanx to Magpul for donating mags for each student (very kind of them) - thanx to Brett of FNH for coming to the class and letting everyone see and shoot the SCAR L and FN 45 pistol - very generous and much appriciated by all

And last but not least thanx to Eric Kinsel of VLTOR - he was not even there in person but definately in spirit as his passion for the PKM GPMG is the reason Abrams/VLTOR tooled up to make US receivers for that excellent design - and as all who shot it can report it is an incredibly impressive and controllable GPMG
    - fantastic weapon and a joy to shoot and own

For full auto fans it was a very special class as we had 2 of the most controllable full auto weapons on the market today for everyone to enjoy - the SCAR Light and PKM - great fun was had by all

Last but not least my buddy Arnold is continuing to refine his piston upper which shows alot of promise - stay tuned to M4C for the lastest on the ADC PD15 as it is called

cheers

LAV

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112