Thread: (SF Socom 762 for multipurpose) OR (TB 30P1 & swr specwar 762)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

(SF Socom 762 for multipurpose) OR (TB 30P1 & swr specwar 762)

It's about a 200 difference in price overall but I'm looking for honest experienced opinion on this.

Looking to suppress:
    300blk SBR ar - 10.2"
    5.56 ar - 14.5"
    308 precision bolt action

I realize two of these are too new for someone to give me hands on feedback but previous model experience will do

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I personally would not use a thunder beast for high rate semi auto fire. Being made out of all titanium it will be more susceptible to over heating damage.

I haven't gotten my Socom yet, but that is what my wallet went with. I do want to get a thunder beast 338 eventually for precision work. For multiple calibers, semi auto, precision work the surefire is the way to go.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Sorry I guess I didn't elaborate enough. The TB would be dedicated for the 308 and the specwar for my ar platforms.

Or to use the Socom for all 3

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
    Sorry I guess I didn't elaborate enough. The TB would be dedicated for the 308 and the specwar for my ar platforms.

Or to use the Socom for all 3
    Another option, get the thunder beast for your bolt gun.... And get the socom mini for the 300 black and 5.56. 700 dollars cheaper than the RC and much lighter and shorter.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yea I thought about that but it's also substantially louder

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
    Yea I thought about that but it's also substantially louder

True,
    But surefire's top of the line 5.56 can (rc) is basically the 762 mini, blackout is pretty darn quiet to begin with.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Here is a decent video showing last generation differences between the longer and shorter mini in 7.62

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGRB...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by domestique; 02-27-13 at 15:04.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    I'm going for a 762 mini. Will be used on my 556, 300 blk and 308 bolt gun. Buy once cry once.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly