Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Terrible State anyways.
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Sorry Maryland . . .

This is what happens when city politics ruin an otherwise fairly conservative state. CO is in the same boat, and eventually all states will be. I am glad I am no longer working in MD.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Response I got from Kevin Kelly, y'all should be proud of this man.

Dear Supporter of the Second Amendment:

Initially I take this opportunity to thank you for your recent email whereby you expressed adamant opposition to additional Gun Control initiatives which will be introduced in the 2013 Legislative Session of the Maryland General Assembly. Since I have been literally inundated by communications such as yours, I hereby respond to same, and simultaneously set forth my sentiments on Gun Control.

By manner of introduction I am a six term Delegate to the Maryland General Assembly representing Allegany County. I am an attorney by profession and during my entire twenty three years as a member of the General Assembly I have been assigned to the House Judiciary Committee. It should be noted the Judiciary Committee is the Committee to which all House of Delegates “Gun” initiatives are assigned. On a personal note, I am lawful owner of firearms and on numerous occasions I have been honored by various Pro – Gun Organizations for my staunch, unwavering support of the Second Amendment. Further, I possess an “A+” NRA rating.

I totally share your assessment that the current Legislative Session will unfortunately serve as a giant soapbox for Anti-Second Amendment zealots to spew their Gun-Hating venom and to pursue their Gun-Prohibition agendas.

Facts, statistics and common sense will be totally ignored as certain individuals jockey before the media to get their “on air” and/or “in print” opportunity to demonize the NRA and the Second Amendment Rights which the NRA protects and promotes. Simultaneously, many of these “Bashers” of the Second Amendment will utilize their media opportunities to demean those who support the Second Amendment; inferring such individuals “are of a lesser sophistication.”

The Gun-Haters will proclaim to the media “They support the Second Amendment” and they only intend to make “reasonable and responsible changes to the gun laws.” However, these same individuals will never legitimately pursue investigation of the true causes of violence in our society, specifically, broken homes, children born out of wedlock, absence of family structure, pervasiveness of drugs, street gangs, issues of a failed Mental Health System and the promotion/ glorification of violence in movies, on television and in video games, all of which serve to desensitize youth to the actual carnage caused by violence.

Further penalizing lawful gun owners and denying Second Amendment rights to these law abiding individuals will not reduce violent crime. On the contrary, the opposite is true. If law abiding citizens are denied their Second Amendment right to own firearms, then in that event, the only people to have guns will be the criminals. As such, you may be assured I will continue to oppose, and I will continue to vote against, any and all Anti - Second Amendment, Gun Control initiatives. Finally, I submit for your review the following email, statistical information and news article which you may find of interest.

Once again, your expression of Second Amendment support is deeply appreciated and if I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely yours,

Kevin Kelly, Delegate

Allegany County

kevin.kelly@house.state.md.us

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Red face

It's getting scary to live in PA these days - we're SURROUNDED by The SUCK!

Wonder how much longer we can hold out?
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Response I got from Kevin Kelly, y'all should be proud of this man.
    Sad to state he is in the minority! The house committee hearings start today and many will be there to support 2A and of course the Pro-AWB will also be there.

Yes, elections have consequences and we the law abiding citizens will certainly become outlaws. There is no friggin way I will register my firearms, they can kiss my dago ass.

If it wasn't for a son with special needs, I would have left years ago. Oh well that is life.

Oh before I forget one of PRO AWB representatives from the city has an amendment for a 50% tax on ammo. The border states will certainly see a lot of traffic if this passes.

L-N-L

EDIT: forgot to add - My Benelli M4 with pistol grip will be banned.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    Such BS.

"You can get a gun faster than an apple or an orange..." Absolute BS. Only someone who has never bought a gun would say something so stupid. Lets hope it get stopped in the House of Delegates.
    Yeah, I wasn't aware of a 7-10 day waiting period for an apple or an orange. wtf.

Feedback Score
    It sickens me to think that a pro-2A politian would throw the blame at movies, video games, or music.

"This inanimate object didn't cause violence! This inanimate object did!"
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, information on this bill has been pretty hard to find.

Just trying to read some news online I find that this bill will spend about 3 days in the House before being voted on. There is no telling what sort of sausage will come out of this but does anyone know what may actually pass?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One more year, then I'm

Until then
    Hang up and drive.

Luke 22:35-38

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    It's getting scary to live in PA these days - we're SURROUNDED by The SUCK!

Wonder how much longer we can hold out?
    It is definitely scary, but we can hold out. Unlike Colorado, we don't have much to attract uber-liberal hipsters. We have some of the most regressive social laws in the US (state-controlled liquor? c'monnnn) and not much in the way of exotic resorts or beaches. We also have NYC only a few hours away, where all the anti-gun hipsters move to pursue their dream of interpretive dance instead of staying here.

Most of our Democrats are pro-gun with the exception of Philly, so we'll hold out for a while. We'll be OK for quite a while, I think.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast