Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you know someone who carries a pistol with an empty chamber?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I mixed the content up a bit in my head, but here's one of them, where the guy appears to have known his chamber was empty.

Gets the gun out after taking at least one hit....generally a pretty good indicator that a fight's on...and fumbles with racking the slide three times, as it appears to me.

Really can't tell how many hits he's absorbing in the process, or even if he actually got it into action; vid quality's too bad for me to make that out.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=086_1260862712

And in case there's any question....no, I'd not try to make any assertions about how things'd go the other way if he'd had a charged weapon; that's a bridge too far. I ONLY assert that presuming to have enough time to rack a slide is a pretty Pollyanna way of thinking.

The "O" face ones are on disc with this one. I've not seen them online before, but I'll see if that's where they were pulled from. I suspect not...
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    So many TV shows have people racking the slide, for effect.

Also have the sounds of a Glock, cocking the hammer.

You've all seen the video of the bad guy holding up a bar full of cops, they all seem to be cocking their guns for effect, as well.
    Maybe they all use 1911's

I discovered early in life, that when you rack the slide with one already chambered, it quite often jams.
    So, don't do that.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ar15556 View Post
    I discovered early in life, that when you rack the slide with one already chambered, it quite often jams.
    So, don't do that.

Mine usually eject the live round and chamber a new one....

Feedback Score

Re: Do you know someone who carries a pistol with an empty chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post

Mine usually eject the live round and chamber a new one....
    Cold....

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I have run into this mindset over the years as well. Generally these people do little or no training at all, and they feel like their gun is a magic wand and all they have to do is whip it out and everyone around will be in awe of it's power.

Unfortunately showing them videos or explaining why they need training and they need to become more confident with their pistol won't help. They will say things like "the Israelis do it and it works" or they will make the shotgun comparison and then say "criminals will know you mean bidness" all the while forgetting that they most likely will be dead and the criminal will be laughing as he loots your dead body.

I do agree that some direct force on force training does seem to open peoples' eyes and make them rethink shit.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Do you know someone who carries a pistol with an empty chamber?

Unfortunately my brother is among the group who feels that empty chamber carry is the way to go. In his defense he just got done taking the CHL class, so he is still trying to figure things out in a manner if speaking. Over the last year he has made some serious leaps in his stance on guns, carry and self defense. While not the anti gunner he always had the it can't happen to me mentality. Not sure what changed his mind, but I'm glad that it's happened. He got the idiotic idea for the mode of carry from the CHL class. I'm working in him, but I don't see a change of heart coming. The I'm not going to be in a bad enough part of town that requires a loaded chamber mentality is there. I'll try to drag him to FOF class if I can in the near future.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Israeli (derp) style (derp).

(Derp)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Re: Do you know someone who carries a pistol with an empty chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I have run into this mindset over the years as well. Generally these people do little or no training at all, and they feel like their gun is a magic wand and all they have to do is whip it out and everyone around will be in awe of it's power.

Unfortunately showing them videos or explaining why they need training and they need to become more confident with their pistol won't help. They will say things like "the Israelis do it and it works" or they will make the shotgun comparison and then say "criminals will know you mean bidness" all the while forgetting that they most likely will be dead and the criminal will be laughing as he loots your dead body.

I do agree that some direct force on force training does seem to open peoples' eyes and make them rethink shit.
    Yeah. Getting shot by SIM Rounds gets old fast.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Do you know someone who carries a pistol with an empty chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Unfortunately my brother is among the group who feels that empty chamber carry is the way to go. In his defense he just got done taking the CHL class, so he is still trying to figure things out in a manner if speaking. Over the last year he has made some serious leaps in his stance on guns, carry and self defense. While not the anti gunner he always had the it can't happen to me mentality. Not sure what changed his mind, but I'm glad that it's happened. He got the idiotic idea for the mode of carry from the CHL class. I'm working in him, but I don't see a change of heart coming. The I'm not going to be in a bad enough part of town that requires a loaded chamber mentality is there. I'll try to drag him to FOF class if I can in the near future.
    So basically his gun is his pet, his little buddy, his purse dog, and not a defensive weapon.
    This isn't an illegal gun, it's an "undocumented protection device". Don't be so insensitive.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll never begrudge someone who is truly ignorant and/or just watched too many movies with the cool-guy slide rack, but is willing to learn from those more knowledgeable. I ran into a few at a gun store this past weekend while visiting relatives out of town, and after discussing the pitfalls of carrying an empty gun, they were willing to get more training and more education to better their self defense skills.

The ones I have no time for are the "too cool for school" asshats that have been "shootin' with pappy since they was 6 months old" and know everything they already need to know. I've been in more than one argument with those on our local message board. By their own proclamations, they are faster than the average person, and even faster than those of us who train and attended classes, and we're the ones that are wrong. Plus, they all have cat-like hypersensitive "situational awareness" and would never let themselves get into that situation in the first place. They tell stories of their Jason Bourne-esque skills when going to the mall, even doing the things that none of us would ever think to do like look for exits and watch for shady looking characters. That's why they don't need a round in the chamber (according to them). Their clairvoyance allows them to be at least two steps ahead of trouble. Plus, as one once told me, having to rack the slide when you draw the gun gives you that extra second to be really sure you need to shoot someone.

Sad thing is, I've actually seen a few of them shoot at matches. Stevie Wonder would beat them in a 700 pt aggregate, and Corky is most likely far more proficient and safer at manipulating a weapon. But they don't need no stinkin' "mall ninja" training.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast