Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus opinions

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Honestly, and I mean this with all sincerity, I would buy a Hi Point before I would buy a Taurus.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    I have 1 Taurus pistol. A PT 709. It has been a good shooter with no mechanical issues after 1000+ rounds. I did send it back to Taurus for a shorter front sight as it shot low from a rest consistently. After the sight change, it's GTG.
    I think the PT 709 Slim would be the only Taurus I'd consider, but only on the opinion of a friend that has sworn by his and put the same 1k+ on his without issue. However, I'd almost rather spend the extra money on a S&W Shield or Walther PPS. The Taurus 1911s that I've played with left with with a "meh" opinion. One I could see daylight under the front sight, another I saw at the range had the right side safety fall off within the first 50 rounds. I wouldn't kick a free one out of the safe, but I wouldn't spend money on one. For an "off the rack" 1911, I tend to look towards Springfield.
    Last edited by cougar_guy04; 03-05-13 at 20:11.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hold onto your money. Buy something else.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score

Re: Taurus opinions

Quote Originally Posted by cougar_guy04 View Post
    I think the PT 709 Slim would be the only Taurus I'd consider, but only on the opinion of a friend that has sworn by his and put the same 1k+ on his without issue. However, I'd almost rather spend the extra money on a S&W Shield or Walther PPS. The Taurus 1911s that I've played with left with with a "meh" opinion. One I could see daylight under the front sight, another I saw at the range had the right side safety fall off within the first 50 rounds. I wouldn't kick a free one out of the safe, but I wouldn't spend money on one. For an "off the rack" 1911, I tend to look towards Springfield.
    On TaurusArmed there are a few reports of 709s going burst or auto. NO THANKS. I believe there were 3 separate guns in the past month or so reported to do this. I don't think the bugs will ever be worked out of that particular model.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by TriviaMonster; 03-06-13 at 04:00.
    ‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
    — Mahatma Ghandi

Feedback Score
    The only guns I have not regreted selling were the three Taurus pistols I bought.

Feedback Score
    The best handgun Taurus has ever made was the 24/7 OSS Tactical (in 45) It was designed for the military trials for a new .45 auto. Of course production has halted on that model.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I was a strong anti-Taurus guy based on a previous experience with their revolvers (heavy, crappy triggers) and a PT 92 (heavy crappy trigger and rough interior).

But I got one of their 9mm 1911s and so far I like it other than being series 80 gun and the mags are hard to load with more than 7 rounds.

It's a great shooter and very accurate, no stoppages in the 400 (win white box and federal) rounds I have fired through it.

For 550 before tax, it was a good purchase.

Feedback Score
    When the PT1911 .45 first came out I got one as a game gun. It ran well, no stoppages I can remember. There where huge gaps under the sights which I filled with thread locker. However, it did shoot to point of aim. I sold it a year or two later for about what I paid for it due to its popularity. As a game gun I see nothing wrong with it.

Feedback Score
    I recommend that you do not go off how a firearm looks. Forget 'fit & finish'. Continue saving money, do a lot of research from many different sources, test fire the weapon if possible, THEN, make the decision to purchase. You will thank yourself down the road for doing your home work first. Because of the price of ammo, it will rarely get shot so it will be in relatively pristine condition to pass it on to a family member...
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G woody View Post
    The best handgun Taurus has ever made was the 24/7 OSS Tactical (in 45) It was designed for the military trials for a new .45 auto. Of course production has halted on that model.
    Lol. Any other info?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast