Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Which Semi-Auto?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post

Also, what is the deal with pistol grip full size stocks? I like the traditional hog leg stock. What would I gain from the assault rifle type stock?
    I had a pistol grip stock on my old M1 Tactical.

I didn't like it at all. I much preferred the standard stock.

For some reason, I just don't like pistol grip stocks on shotguns.

Definitely try to play with one before you get it.

The only advantage that I saw was in one handed shooting stunts, it was easier to hold on to.

And it looked cooler. Which is why I bought it to start with.

The HK Benellis do have the advantage of "ghost loading" (they can store a round on the lifter giving you an extra round.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    I had a pistol grip stock on my old M1 Tactical.

I didn't like it at all. I much preferred the standard stock.

For some reason, I just don't like pistol grip stocks on shotguns.

Definitely try to play with one before you get it.

The only advantage that I saw was in one handed shooting stunts, it was easier to hold on to.

And it looked cooler. Which is why I bought it to start with.

The HK Benellis do have the advantage of "ghost loading" (they can store a round on the lifter giving you an extra round.
    All of them can do that with about 10 min worth of dremel work on the bolt.

Or better yet you send it off to C-Rums and have him weld up the carrier (the only thing Benelli shottys all need) to avoid "benelli-thumb" and have him weld up the notch in the bolt while he's at it for $20.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mine has a pistol grip (Mesa) stock on it. While it's very much a matter of personal preference, my reasons for having it are centered around being a southpaw. I have more support and control of the gun in manipulations. I'm able to grip and hold the gun very effectively without breaking much of my shooting position.

It's not a big deal on the skeet field, but there are times when shooting clays I wish my sporting gun had a pistol grip. For a right-hander, I'm not sure there's much virtue to it.

If you're looking at a used gun, I'd look hard at the FNH if their warranty covers you, they are nice guns. I know a used Benelli won't honor the warranty, I'm not sure about the HK variants.

I think you'll pay pretty close to brand new price for a used HK.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 03-31-13 at 09:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, when hunting for a used Benelli, what is different between the Super 90, M1, and M2?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I thought the Super 90 was a non-military M1 or vice-versa. Pretty much the same gun.

Differences between the M1 and M2 are typically more cosmetic (larger trigger guard) with a slightly different recoil return mechanism.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 03-31-13 at 10:34.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    I thought the Super 90 was a non-military M1 or vice-versa. Pretty much the same gun.

Differences between the M1 and M2 are typically more cosmetic (larger trigger guard) with a slightly different recoil return mechanism.
    M1 and m2 do not have as many interchangeable parts as you might think. Different receiver shapes for one. Personally... I would go for either, I like the slightly more unrefined m1, but the m2 is currently in production and parts are easier to get. I really want to do an NFA m2, and will if I ever see a great deal on an m2. For now the m1 I'll leave alone because its probably heresy to modify an HK m1.

I have an HK M1S90, I have never been able to tell when they add the S90 to a gun.

I'll tell you this, find the gun you want! Do not plan on getting a be solo with this stock or one with that barrel and changing it out, the parts are not as easy to find at good prices as to buy just a receiver and build it up. But the good thing is they don't need much aftermarket and you should be able to find what you want.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213