Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: inforce APL

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    There's a whole thread dedicated to the Inforce APL and WML lights and possible parasitic drain. Apparently some people have the problem and others do not. I own four WMLs and none exhibit this behavior.
    I guess I should have searched instead of posting. The thread is about the APL though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    If you can't pick your shit up at 3pm or 0300 and it's configured to get it done 0-400m in seconds, sideways, upside down, or unstable... your a daylight range clown.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I prefer the WML for 12 o'clock usage on a carbine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I prefer the WML for 12 o'clock usage on a carbine.
    Can you please elaborate? I need some input to make a decision.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Inforce shipped me their revised APL. Started a new thread with pictures here:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...41#post1988541

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by llO0DQLE View Post
    The angle of the switch on the WML is more natural for my thumb to activate when used at the 12 o'clock position. Especially if moving and/or I have gloves on.

I have my front BUIS moved back so that it sits behind my support hand. With a 12"-13" rail, I can still have the sight radius of the BUIS' at the same distance as the sight radius of the carbine length gas system guns like a 6920.

For my uses, the APL is a pistol light and the WML is a long gun light.

Feedback Score
    In addition to what Beat Trash stated, the APL is not available in a momentary only version like the WML. It would be very easy to bump the paddles on the APL and have an unintended light discharge.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    The angle of the switch on the WML is more natural for my thumb to activate when used at the 12 o'clock position. Especially if moving and/or I have gloves on.

I have my front BUIS moved back so that it sits behind my support hand. With a 12"-13" rail, I can still have the sight radius of the BUIS' at the same distance as the sight radius of the carbine length gas system guns like a 6920.

For my uses, the APL is a pistol light and the WML is a long gun light.
    I have a 14.5 bbl carbine length gas system with a FSP. I only have about 4 inches of rail in front of the FSP and the barrel only protrudes approx. 2 inches from the rail. That includes the flash hider. One of my concerns is that if I go with the WML, and if I have the mounting surface of the WML not protrude over the top rail, the button might be a little too close to the FSP and I might have issues with my support hand coming into contact with a hot FSP. Granted I can train with gloves but I'd like to train as close as possible to how I would deploy my carbine, which would really be only a HD scenario, and I wouldn't be wearing gloves. On the other hand, if I move the WML forward to alleviate this concern, the flashlight might be too close to the ports of the flash hider, although I'm not sure if I should be concerned about that.

The APL on the other hand looks like it would sit very nicely on the top rail. See this post by Stickman:

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gears...tol-light-apl/

El Cid, the reason I'm not jumping on the APL right away is because of the lack of momentary on only, which is why I made that qualification in my first post.

Feedback Score
    I have a 14.5 bbl carbine length gas system with a FSP. I only have about 4 inches of rail in front of the FSP and the barrel only protrudes approx. 2 inches from the rail. That includes the flash hider. One of my concerns is that if I go with the WML, and if I have the mounting surface of the WML not protrude over the top rail, the button might be a little too close to the FSP and I might have issues with my support hand coming into contact with a hot FSP. Granted I can train with gloves but I'd like to train as close as possible to how I would deploy my carbine, which would really be only a HD scenario, and I wouldn't be wearing gloves. On the other hand, if I move the WML forward to alleviate this concern, the flashlight might be too close to the ports of the flash hider, although I'm not sure if I should be concerned about that.

The APL on the other hand looks like it would sit very nicely on the top rail. See this post by Stickman:

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gears...tol-light-apl/

El Cid, the reason I'm not jumping on the APL right away is because of the lack of momentary on only, which is why I made that qualification in my first post.
    Gotcha. I didn't recall that from your post. Here is a pic of my setup exactly as yours (but with a 16" bbl). More than enough space to activate the switch. In fact I had room to play with and tried it closer to the FSB with no issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Gotcha. I didn't recall that from your post. Here is a pic of my setup exactly as yours (but with a 16" bbl). More than enough space to activate the switch. In fact I had room to play with and tried it closer to the FSB with no issues.

Awesome! Thanks for the pic, that clears up everything for me regarding space. Last thing, Is it an issue if the flashlight is close to the muzzle? Will it be affected adversly by the blast? Not worried about clean up, just concerned about damaging or longevity of the light itself.

Feedback Score
    Moved it as far back as it will mount.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast