Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MO Bills on Guns

Feedback Score

MO Bills on Guns

There's a whole host of bills moving through MO legislation right now, way more than HB170 (good), HB545 (abhorrent) and HB633 (over the top good).

These bills cover subjects including CCW, mag capacity, school campus carry, Federal legislation, and AWBs.

Most of the bills are in our favor, but there are some that aim to shave or downright cripple our 2nd Amendment rights. Read up and write your Reps, Senators and the Governor.

HB89 is atrocious, Mike Colona seeks to nullify the entire purpose of a CCW or an HD firearm.

I will work on a cheat sheet and post it soon.

Here is the link:
    http://house.mo.gov/billreport.aspx?...ar=2013&code=R
    Last edited by .46caliber; 03-05-13 at 20:39.

Feedback Score
    33 Bills in this session so far regarding firearms
    Good 24, Bad 7, ???? 2,

HB70 - Good - Teachers/Admins can carry at school with proper CCW

HB89 - Bad - Requires firearm either be in use or secured (basically undermines CCW/nightstand gun/under the bed)

HB92 - Good - CCW age moves from 21 to 19. (was 23 when I acquired)

HB162 - Good - Firearms Freedom Act (a lot to summarize - http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking...ro/HB0162I.htm)

HB170 - Good - Illegal to enforce Federal law that restricts/infringes 2A

HB187 - Bad - All sales/trades of firearms must go through FFL

HB209 - Good - Same as HB170

HB276 - Good ish - School can name teacher/admin to carry firearm as a Protection Officer with proper training

HB350 - Good - prohibits publication of firearm ownership info, prohibits requiring medical pros from inquiring

HB379 - Good - CCW fingerprinting can be done anonymously with additional fee

HB390 - Bad - Expands what is considered unlawful use of firearms (same cohorts as HB545)

HB392 - Bad - Expands what is considered unlawful use of firearms (same cohorts as HB545)

HB420 - Good - Expands carrying rights

HB436 - Way Good - Says the Fed cannot infringe the Constitution, says the NFA/GCA and other un-constitutional law is void in MO

HB485 - Good - Steeper penalties for crimes committed involving firearms

HB494 - Bad - Mag ban for over 10rd, LEO exempt

HB519 - Bad - Probable cause to believe Domestic Violence has occurred is enough for LEO to confiscate firearms

HB533 - Good - State employees can keep firearms in their vehicle so long as vehicle is locked and firearm out of sight (Passed)

HB537 - ????? - Denying Hunting permits in case of injury or accidental killing while hunting (may only pertain to cases where vic is mistaken as game)

HB545 - Bad - AWB/Mag Cap with NO GRANDFATHER CLAUSE

HB633 - Good - Crime to even propose restrictive/infringing 2A legislation

HB639 - Good - Health care pros cannot record firearm info, school employees cannot ask students about firearms in the home

HB640 - Good - Expands accepted forms of ID's an FFL can accept

HB670 - Good? - Changes terms of imprisonment for the crime of armed criminal action

HB732 - Good - Health care pros, except psych's, cannot ask about firearms in home/property

HB754 - Good ish - Changes CCW requirements, adds concealed firearm exemption endorsement for retired LEO types

HB818 - Good - no State databases that track firearms/ammo/firearm accessories

HB855 - Good - DOR can't capture or retain records of personal info (legislation in reaction to CCW info being shared with Fed)

HB859 - Good ish - makes clarifications and new policies regarding CCW

HB872 - Good - CCW are no longer renewed, good for life

HCR8 - Good - Say no to UN Arms trade treaty

HCR20 - ???? - Supports lawful legislation that protects 2A, seeks to address mental health, ensure that only law-abiding citizens access firearms (wonder about the last part)

HJR15 - Good - Right to purchase ammo shall not be infringed
    Last edited by .46caliber; 03-18-13 at 06:58.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Tagged
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    Tagged for interest.

Feedback Score
    I'm working on the cheat sheet.

I'm a little disturbed that of the 30 measures, only one has been voted and passed. The one that affects State employees.

I'm looking through the summaries first, to develop a rough of the cheat sheet. Once I get all down, I'll go back and read each bill, one by one, and update accordingly.

If any of you want to help, pick a bill or two and read through it and PM me. If you see any corrections that need to be made PM me.
    Last edited by .46caliber; 03-07-13 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    Tagged as well. Thanks for doing this.
    The Prairie Patriot Blog
    Twitter - @P_Patriot1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    I'm working on the cheat sheet.

I'm a little disturbed that of the 30 measures, only one has been voted and passed. The one that affects State employees.

I'm looking through the summaries first, to develop a rough of the cheat sheet. Once I get all down, I'll go back and read each bill, one by one, and update accordingly.

If any of you want to help, pick a bill or two and read through it and PM me. If you see any corrections that need to be made PM me.
    Also, I'll jump in tomorrow if I catch my breath and get a chance. I'll PM you if I do.
    The Prairie Patriot Blog
    Twitter - @P_Patriot1

Feedback Score
    2A Supportive Legislators
    - Mike Leara
    - Paul Curtman
    - Chuck Gatschenberger
    - Bryan Spencer
    - Chrissy Sommer
    - Rick Brattin
    - Mike Kelley
    - Ryan Silvey
    - Noel Shull
    - Charlie Davis
    - Bill White

Gun Grabbing Legislators
    - Rory Ellinger - Rory.Ellinger@house.mo.gov - Rory is also an Attorney with a firm practicing in my back yard. I have to look at his billboard everyday.
    - Jill Schupp - Jill.Schupp@house.mo.gov
    - Margo McNeil - Margo.McNeil@house.mo.gov
    - Rochelle Walton Gray - Rochelle.Gray@house.mo.gov

Will expand as I do more research
    Last edited by .46caliber; 03-13-13 at 07:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Patriot View Post
    Tagged as well. Thanks for doing this.
    Happy to do it. I have had it up to here with the horse shit coming down from our Government. Not in my State.

Feedback Score

HB754 - ???? - Changes CCW requirements, adds concealed firearm exemption endorsement

I was going to PM you on this one, but I thought it might be helpful to share what I found out from the text with everyone on the board. First here is the link to the latest wording as of 3/8/2013: http://legiscan.com/MO/text/HB754/2013

In a nutshell, there is new language that allows for certain individuals who are retired LEO and the like to be able to apply for a status of CCW that would nullify a lot of the "prohibited" places a non-LEO, non-federal judge, etc. can carry. There seems to be a section that requires those folks to undergo further training in order to qualify for the "CCW plus". It would be nice if they extended it to everyone. There's a lot more to it and I encourage you all to read this one. Maybe future pushes in this legislation would be to extend it as an option to all of us.

Bottom line: I think it is a good law as it opens up more carry options for those individuals.
    The Prairie Patriot Blog
    Twitter - @P_Patriot1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast