Thread: Cleaning weapon light lense

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Cleaning weapon light lense

Hey, share your tricks here. I was trying alcohol, not working, tried some weapon cleaner, no worky either. Hmm, let me try the Rain-x glass cleaner---spotless with hardly any effort!

The Rain-x treatment can had leaked out so I put a coat of autowax on the lense to see if makes it easier to clean.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Clean immediately upon conclusion of the shooting session. If you let the soot harden, it makes things much more difficult. If I'm thinking ahead, I put some blue masking tape over the lens to protect it during the range session and remove it when I'm finished.

While shooting with someone "from the community" here, I saw that he had a velcro type lens cover on his weapon light. It was there to prevent light ND's, but would also protect from residue buildup as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I used the same lense cleaning pen that I use to clean my optics. I protect my light via Butler Creek flip-up cover I need to use the light.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Before you shoot, put a drop of oil on the lens and rub it around with your fingertip. The soot and carbon will wipe right off when you clean.

Feedback Score
    At a recent active shooter seminar I asked Ken Hackathorn about this and he said a pencil eraser does the trick for him. I gave it a try and it works.
    “He who would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression. For if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.” Thomas Paine

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Good info xchange. A protective coating and cleaning right after sounds great
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I've just cleaned it with MPro7 or the squirt on cleaner from Slip2000.
    Yup, I'm a Dinosaur!

Feedback Score
    Those "Magic Erasers" from Mr. Clean have worked well for me, with just a little water.

I keep them on hand to remove crayon art the kids put on the walls/tables/etc. and last week I tried them to remove soot from my Xiphos - worked like a charm!