Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the "Colt" of crossbows?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Who makes the "Colt" of crossbows?

My family and I just purchased some land and for the first time I will have a guaranteed place to go hunt etc..In the past year or so IN changed the law to allow all hunters to take deer with crossbows. So I'm looking for the "Colt" of crossbows. Any SME's out there?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Excalibur or Ten Point. The Ten Point will lay a hurtin' on your wallet though.

I shoot an Excalibur Phoenix.
    Hang up and drive.

Luke 22:35-38

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'd say that Horton would be analogous to Colt. Ten Point or Excalibur would be more along the lines of Noveske or Wilson Combat.

I'm not a X-Bow shooter but the new reverse limb bows from Horton are looking like a bit of fun!
    Last edited by luvmy40; 03-11-13 at 20:17. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    Horton, has made great strides, but I still don't want any thing expolding in front of my face, I don't like the reverse limb set up, the "Colt" of crossbows is Excailber, simple rugged and an excellent design, if you have to have a compound crossbow then Ten Point is the way to go, but your going to drop a grand or more to set up

Make sure you check your state regs on lenght of arms and poundage

Pop over to the Excaliber site/forum there are alot of people ther that will give you great advice and help on any you chose
    "A shot never fired is always a miss"

Feedback Score
    As others have stated, Excalibur if you want a recurve and Ten Point if you want a compound.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies. I stumbled onto Scorpyd, all of their bows are reverse draw. Apparently reverse draw gets you a longer power stroke, and handle/balance better than traditional crossbows.

Feedback Score

Who makes the "Colt" of crossbows?

Not the response I think you want, but couldn't resist with "Colt" in the title.

http://pse-archery.com/c/crossbows_t...nance-crossbow

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If you want the real honest answer I do! I have been designing and building hunting crossbows daily for more than 25 years.

Take a look at my newest offering here: www.camxcrossbows.com

Please feel free to contact us with any questions as we are more than happy to help. For me its not about the sale but helping you get what you want and that will fit your need.

I would say CAMX is more like Colt, DD, LMT, Larue and Noveske all wrapped in one with an Aimpoint on top. YUP its that good!

What's been listed is nothing more than Bushmaster and Rock River in AR terms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    What's been listed is nothing more than Bushmaster and Rock River in AR terms.
    While I admit I know nothing good or bad regarding your crossbows, the above statement is a completely disingenuous, and by all accounts (except yours), inaccurate statement.

It's probably not the best way to drum up support for your product either.
    Hang up and drive.

Luke 22:35-38

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    At this time pretty sure I'm going to go with one of the scorpyd offerings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast