Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maine magazine capacity legislation - L.D. 997

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Maine magazine capacity legislation - L.D. 997

Feedback Score
    Colorado just had this rammed down their throats A few days ago despite very strong public disapproval. I'm wondering if Bloomberg will now funnel in his millions into lobbying our state reps as well.

Never underestimate who their millions can buy out. I pray that Mainers get off their butts, contact their reps, and help & encourage others to do the same or we are headed for the same end.

Find your legislators below:
    http://www.maine.gov/legis/house/townlist.htm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Your Governor is a Republican.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Yes and thankfully he is a very strong conservative. I partially think that this legislation will be pushed in an attempt to lower his approval before he comes up for re election in 2014. However, he got a good boost in defending concealed carry permit holders. It might backfire in their faces.

Excellent evidence against magazine limitation:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Upjn5DR0o&feature=plpp

Feedback Score
    I don't think it's doing to pass - this time. We can't, however, let our guard down. The progressive liberal mindset is working it's way north from Portland.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Moving forward....

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Bidd...ne-limits.html

Hopefully it doesn't get more traction.

Feedback Score
    The governor will shit can this even if it happens to slip by, but it's a sign of the times. I can't think of one homicide in Maine that the shooter used a high-cap magazine. Makes for a really good distraction from the real problem in Maine - the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Moving forward....

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Bidd...ne-limits.html

Hopefully it doesn't get more traction.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Your Governor is a Republican.
    He also promised firearms manufacturers that might move to maine that he would make sure Maine stayed a gun friendly state! I guess we'll see.
    There are only 2 things we should fight for. One is defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.

Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Go straight for the Governor, too. Present this as an opportunity to stand up. Hell, if Maine shuts this down, we'll give a shout out to that on social media, and so should the rest of the industry. Whatever grass roots organization you have up there should pledge support to his re-election if he kills it.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I sent an email to my representatives, senator and Gov. LePage and when I sent it, I made sure they knew it was sent to the others. I tried to keep it as straight and to the point as possible.

ETA: Here's what I wrote.

"I am writing to urge you to oppose any gun control proposals but, specifically LD997. Maine is one of the safest states in the union. I have read LD997 and as I understand it, this law will hurt Maine citizens in three ways. First, limiting the number of rounds a gun holds does no one any good in the event they need to use the gun to defend themselves or their loved ones. It is the equivalent of tying an arm behind our back and expecting us to fight Mike Tyson. The fact that law enforcement is exempt is hypocritical since they would be facing the same criminals that prey on the law-abiding citizens.

Secondly, this bill also has the potential to create “criminals” out of the citizens of Maine. Anyone possessing a magazine with a capacity greater than ten rounds becomes suspect of illegally obtaining the magazine after the ban despite possessing it before the ban. There would be no way of proving they owned the magazine before the ban. Finally, the bill would make it a crime to transfer (i.e. sell or give away) any magazine with a capacity greater than ten rounds. This would severely devalue any firearm no longer being made which came with magazines with capacities greater than ten rounds.

Maine’s unofficial motto is “Maine: The way life should be.” If this and any other gun control measures become law, it might as well be “Maine: Remember how good we had it?” I was born and raised in Maine. I am currently attending college at University of Southern Maine and am about to graduate. I would like to stay in Maine as it is my home. However, if LD997 or any other proposal to restrict my 2nd Amendment rights becomes law, I may leave the state. However, as long as I am a resident and registered voter living in Maine, I will vote against and donate to the campaigns of anyone running against those who voted for LD997 and the like."
    Last edited by halo2304; 04-25-13 at 19:56.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast