Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EDC/ CCW/ Weapon Emplyoment while injured

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Using it "as my other hand" so I could work the charging handle, remove/insert a mag, etc.
    Ok. I use a slightly different methods - one with a sling and one without. I have some crude motor control of my shoulder and elbow and I use my arm to support the HG with the butt resting on my thigh. The other with the sling I let he rifle hang for a reload and to drop bolt. In both cases the mag gets dropped before the rifle comes down. I do use a BAD lever to assist. It removes a step of over handing the upper to release the bolt. Instead I reload mag and go straight to the grip to release the bolt and bring the rifle up.

The common things I see of one handed drills:
    - the sacrifice of legs to holds things resulting in loss of movement
    - bent over, head down, eyes not engaged in the situation

As a one hander those are the main concerns I attempt to mitigate. I don't want to be a sitting duck in the event of a SD situation where someone is firing back. Of course I don't foresee getting into regular shoot outs nor does my day to day life put me into that situation but I have considered a worse case scenario.

Obviously the situation will dictate what you can or should do. Best thing is be prepared to some degree to handle it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm aware of the mobility issues, just worst case scenario's to know it can be done.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I'm aware of the mobility issues, just worst case scenario's to know it can be done.
    That's what counts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12