Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Glocks: The "Perfect" Gun?

Feedback Score

Glocks: The "Perfect" Gun?

I've been doing a lot of research and reading a lot of forums about Glocks lately, and I've seen a recurring theme on pretty much every website. Every where I look it seems the opinion of almost everyone is that Glocks are the perfect gun.

While I do think Glocks are great guns, I would hardly say that they're perfect and from what I've read on this site I believe that most here would agree. Glocks are accurate and reliable, but I've noticed while shooting mine that there are little things that just don't fit well for me. For example, I've noticed that the outside of the trigger guard starts to dig into my hand as I shoot. I've also noticed that the bevel in the mag well doesn't really help me line up the magazine. Actually, at times I feel like it's hurt me more than it helps. More than once while trying to reload quickly I've dropped a magazine on the deck because it doesn't line up with the mag well perfectly.

So, when I started looking for ideas on how to fix these things or to see if anyone else has had similar issues all I can usually find is "Glocks are perfect there's no reason to ever change anything on them." Has anyone else had experiences like this, both with people and with finding these guns are perfect and need...tweaking just like everything else?

I'm asking on this forum because from what I've read this site usually has the most practical views on how things should or shouldn't work. Also, it seems like most people on here don't buy hype, they want real world proof that things are what they claim to be.

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I've carried a Glock on and off duty for going on 10 years now and have 0 complaints. I've been to many range qualifications with speed reloading/mag changes and have yet to drop one. I'm not saying there's something wrong with you, the Glock just may not be right for you. But for me, it is perfect.

Feedback Score
    Last I heard via some shooters that are pretty close to Glock - 700K guns back ordered. Just sayin'.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Did I miss the swarms of people proclaiming Glocks to be the perfect handgun? I always hear it referenced...

I do think if you objectively look at the 9mm Glocks, they are the best choice for a defensive pistol. This has nothing to do with "Perfection" - just the best tool for the job in many cases.

No one wants it changed because it works just fine, and everytime Glock fiddle ****s with the design, it ends up backfiring.

What would you change about it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If Glocks were perfect, people wouldn't need to make texturing alterations to the grip, add a Vickers extended mag release, or other modificaitons. What the Glock does do is provide some very important pistol characteristics in a simple, affordable, reliable, and durable package. So, it becomes a very appealing choice for many shooters.
    Last edited by S. Galbraith; 03-17-13 at 14:38.
    Insert impressive resume here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by S. Galbraith View Post
    If Glocks were perfect, people wouldn't need to make texturing alterations to the grip, add a Vickers extended mag release, or other modificaitons. What the Glock does do provide some very important pistol characteristics in a simple, affordable, reliable, and durable package. So, it becomes a very appealing choice for many shooters.
    As well put as it's ever been.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Add a decocker on a PPQ or a thumb safety and you have it.. I think its great already but I am just saying to add them for duty carry.

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This."

https://www.facebook.com/Blak1508
    Instagram Blak1508

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Blak1508 View Post
    Add a decocker on a PPQ or a thumb safety and you have it.. I think its great already but I am just saying to add them for duty carry.
    Many would argue to have no decocker or thumb safety. No single gun is perfect for everyone. It's about who provides the one that is closest to perfect for most people out of the box.

Feedback Score
    Glocks are about as perfect as I require in a duty or carry gun. My only real criteria are RELIABILITY and ACCURACY. For me at least, Glock fits these two area perfectly. I don't get hung up on ergonomics or long term shooting comfort. It's a tool. That's it. It's not designed to be held in the hand all day or shot in combat 1000+ rounds. After a long class I have calluses like anybody, but I don't bash the gun. I've owned a metric ton of other pistol brands and other than ONE 1911, I've sold them all off and settled on Glock. But as long as there is more than one hand out there, there will be more than one opinion on how Glocks work for each shooter. I'm keeping all of mine.
    -RagweedZulu
    "Always remember those who've died. Never forget those who killed them."

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast