Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glocks: The "Perfect" Gun?

Feedback Score
    Don't think that I'm bashing Glocks in anyway. I think they're great guns. They shoot well. I think it's a great design, it's extremely reliable and efficient. I'm not even saying that my experiences are a fault on Glock's part. I was just wondering if my experiences were my own, or if others felt the same.

I am by no means an expert with handguns, but as I shoot more I notice things that could be done to make the gun feel better or fit better to me. The problem is that when I tried to look up things to do to make the gun better (for me) I usually wind up on a forum where one person asks a question and 75% of the people (83% of statistics are made up on the spot by the way) tell the original poster that his gun is perfect and he shouldn't do anything to it, except change the sights and go shoot it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by S. Galbraith View Post
    If Glocks were perfect, people wouldn't need to make texturing alterations to the grip, add a Vickers extended mag release, or other modificaitons. What the Glock does do is provide some very important pistol characteristics in a simple, affordable, reliable, and durable package. So, it becomes a very appealing choice for many shooters.
    Besides this, why do some many people just want the easy answer? Guns are used by people, and therefore "perfect" is a moving target at best.

Guns like the Glock, M&P, FNS are soo close it becomes -who are you, and what can you live with,or ie upgrade to get it to your perfect?

Every line of pistols will have mechanical problems, and features many dont like, and the aftermarket will take care of that.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by S. Galbraith View Post
    If Glocks were perfect, people wouldn't need to make texturing alterations to the grip, add a Vickers extended mag release, or other modificaitons. What the Glock does do is provide some very important pistol characteristics in a simple, affordable, reliable, and durable package. So, it becomes a very appealing choice for many shooters.
    If Glocks WERE perfect, people would still jack with them. It just people's nature to tweak, customize, personalize etc.

Feedback Score

Re: Glocks: The "Perfect" Gun?

Perfect is a tough term to fill. I'm close to a perfect husband but not quite there, just ask my wife.

Glocks are reliable and durable and common so that parts and mags are readily available outside of our current market. Between those factors and the price they make for a great choice for defensive, fighting or duty sidearm. Perfect? Maybe for some.

The thing I don't like about Glocks is the way they feel in the hand. Nothing feels right in my hand quite like a 1911.

That being said, my next pistol will probably be a Glock. Better fit to my budget and they fit the bill very well.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

No one gun is perfect for all shooters in all situations. I think the appeal of Glocks lies in the guns ability to work for more shooters in more situations than any other.

Ergonomics, capacity, accuracy, dependability/durability, and price being the deciding factors, I think Glocks are the best rounded pistols out there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No bashin Colt Rifles or Glock Pistols...
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmnielsen View Post
    Many would argue to have no decocker or thumb safety. No single gun is perfect for everyone. It's about who provides the one that is closest to perfect for most people out of the box.
    Yeah I get that, thats why I said for duty use, to make it appeal to more LEA and Military. I am more then fine with out those features. There is a reason why other manufactures have such a huge aftermarket, they seem to need it. The PPQ IMO does not really need a aftermarket with the exception of sights. Different strokes for different folks but out of the box I'll take the Q.

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This."

https://www.facebook.com/Blak1508
    Instagram Blak1508

Feedback Score
    "Perfect", no. "Best option in today's market place", yes.
    The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord. -Proverbs 21:31

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beermj1911 View Post
    So, when I started looking for ideas on how to fix these things or to see if anyone else has had similar issues all I can usually find is "Glocks are perfect there's no reason to ever change anything on them." Has anyone else had experiences like this, both with people and with finding these guns are perfect and need...tweaking just like everything else?

I'm asking on this forum because from what I've read this site usually has the most practical views on how things should or shouldn't work. Also, it seems like most people on here don't buy hype, they want real world proof that things are what they claim to be.
    Glocks need a little customizing be perfect. I've never seen a better overall introduction to serious, real-world Glock mods and the rationale behind them than the Glock picture thread, but reading it can cost you some serious coin.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Feedback Score

Funny...when I go to Mustang sites/forums people say they are great and the best muscle cars. Then when I go to Corvette sites/forums, people say those are the best. Strange.
    Last edited by Litpipe; 03-17-13 at 16:53.
    "Seriously?" -SWATcop556

"I don't think so" - Iraqgunz

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast