Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 23's for NOAA?

Feedback Score

Glock 23's for NOAA?

http://www.fbo.gov/spg/DOC/NOAA/AGAM...icitation.html

What kind of enforcement activities do these guys do?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's probably for their facility security guys.

AFAIK, NOAA has no LE function. The USCG is the sole US agency with the authority to enforce maritime law, including the enforcement of oceanographic and fisheries treaties, in the territorial waters of the United States.

I'd probably pee my pants laughing if some dumbass yelled "STOP, NOAA!!!".

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No Shit
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I'd probably pee my pants laughing if some dumbass yelled "STOP, NOAA!!!".
    Unless your name was Noah, of course.

Though I hear that Dirk Pitt is pretty badass.

Feedback Score
    There is an LE component in NOAA. It is charged with fisheries enforcement on the high seas and with enforcing laws related to endangered marine species, treaties, etc. They go through FLETC and I think there are something like 100 or so special agents (don't know the current number for sure).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/ole/ole_about.html

Learn something new everyday...

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Akoni and tiger seven. Most people are familiar with NOAA Weather Radio and when I saw the thread title I said why do they need to be armed just because they're talking on the radio? Then again, on days you think you don't need a gun, have one, and on days you don't know whether you'll need a gun or not, have two or three or four, even if you're only talking on the weather radio.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Though I hear that Dirk Pitt is pretty badass.
    Come on now, Dirk Pitt is with NUMA (http://www.numa.net/) not NOAA. I'm all too familiar with NUMA thanks to my ex-ex-girlfriend who was a huge fan, so I read as many Clive Cussler books as I could stand. His fiction is godawful but I really enjoyed the nonfiction books he wrote about his actual shipwreck searches.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

ToddG Guest
    My bad! For some reason I thought NUMA was part of NOAA in the books. Been a while since I read a Clive Cussler novel. Mea culpa.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Am I the only one that thinks the fed .gov has an insane amount of duplication of effort in LE?

Between the FBI, USCG, and IRS you can cover about 95% of all Federal LE.

DEA, ATF, NOAA, USFS, USNPS, USMS, USSS, etc are all freaking redundant.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the fed .gov has an insane amount of duplication of effort in LE?

Between the FBI, USCG, and IRS you can cover about 95% of all Federal LE.

DEA, ATF, NOAA, USFS, USNPS, USMS, USSS, etc are all freaking redundant.
    You could re-badge them under your top 3 agencies, but we'd still need all the bodies. There aren't enough of us to do the tasks we have assigned, so even if you reassigned them, that's the only thing that would change.

Most federal agencies have 1811 series (criminal investigators) in the Inspector General division. This allows them to police themselves in areas such as fraud, and in some cases conduct other investigations outside the agency.

Interesting you chose IRS as necessary for LE. I think that whole organization should be abolished.

Oh, and please move USSS up. I'm glad they are there because I'm not interested in standing outside a door for hours or running next to limo's.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast