Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Glock 23's for NOAA?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Please explain Federale. I'm not saying it takes the court order/warrant requirement out of wire taps but it is my understanding after reading over the thing that it does amend some parts of US Code to make certain issues in regards to intercepting communications easier for law enforcement. Of course a lot of it has expired since the initial Patriot Act signed in 2001. Maybe you can provide a copy of what you're reading or where you're getting your information from???
    Glock Armorer

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    If Federale were to provide any agency information including agency writings on a specific law he could possibly be in violation of internal policy. You could quite possible get a copy from his agency but it may require you to file a FOIA request. However the Patriot Act is open source and anyone can read about it.
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...:@@@D&summ2=m&

Hope this helps

Dave

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yeah I know that. I wasn't referring to anything specific to his agency, I was referring to the Patriot Act, which through that link you provided does have some sections that apply to wire tapping and monitoring electronic communication.
    Glock Armorer

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men."

Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the fed .gov has an insane amount of duplication of effort in LE?

Between the FBI, USCG, and IRS you can cover about 95% of all Federal LE.

DEA, ATF, NOAA, USFS, USNPS, USMS, USSS, etc are all freaking redundant.
    Would you rather that there was some sort of "National Police" that covered all those specialties and jurisdictions?
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmaGlock View Post
    ...If you aren't doing anything you shouldn't be doing, why do you care who listens to your phone conversations?...
    I personally do not have anything against the Patriot Act (as I currently understand it), but I'd be damned if I ever get to the point where I will allow ANYONE to listen in on my conversation without the proper authority (ie: warrant) or probable cause.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    Would you rather that there was some sort of "National Police" that covered all those specialties and jurisdictions?
    No, I'd rather that the overwhelming majority of law enforcement be left to the STATES, where it belongs according to the 10th Amendment.

A review for our statist brothers:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The utter failure of the Federal judiciary in enforcing that Amendment and using insanely creative interpretations of the Commerce Clause to allow almost unlimited Federal power is what I am talking about.

Do not confuse what is with what should be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234