Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those residing in KY any info is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

For those residing in KY any info is appreciated.

So, ill preface this by saying in the next months my time living in the North has to end and for a variety of reasons, the continual encroachment on my 2A rights being one of dozens. Obviously job prospects are a priority so if anyone has knowledge of any LE agencies currently hiring or soon to be hiring please note them.

That said I have always found Kentucky to be an attractive state having grown up in a much more rural oriented lifestyle owning horses and what not. I always wanted to make it to the Kentucky derby but regrettably that never came to fruition. I was in Louisville a number of years ago and really liked what I saw but that was the extent of my travels so I don't really know much about the rest of the state. Any particular areas you guys would consider better than others and why? Or any parts of the state that should be avoided for whatever reasons? I'm starting my research no because I have absolutely no desire to ring in 2014 in my current location, that's my goal.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    So, ill preface this by saying in the next months my time living in the North has to end and for a variety of reasons, the continual encroachment on my 2A rights being one of dozens. Obviously job prospects are a priority so if anyone has knowledge of any LE agencies currently hiring or soon to be hiring please note them.

That said I have always found Kentucky to be an attractive state having grown up in a much more rural oriented lifestyle owning horses and what not. I always wanted to make it to the Kentucky derby but regrettably that never came to fruition. I was in Louisville a number of years ago and really liked what I saw but that was the extent of my travels so I don't really know much about the rest of the state. Any particular areas you guys would consider better than others and why? Or any parts of the state that should be avoided for whatever reasons? I'm starting my research no because I have absolutely no desire to ring in 2014 in my current location, that's my goal.

I grew up south of Lexington (so I'm biased) but it was about perfect to me. The mountains aren't far west for great trails, the flat lands (east) aren't too far away for lots of good duck hunting and there are lots of small hills and lakes around for fishing and scenery. The economy is relatively strong (manf, some tech, agri-support and a little tourism) depending on your career. Gun laws are good, people are great. If you get into really small towns there is always some outsider vs insider but not bad. Property is stupid cheap. Last time I went to visit there was a 5 bedroom single story house build in 1980s on 10 acres with two ponds for something like $75K.

If you can't tel I want to get back to KY pretty bad myself..

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    In and around the bigger cities are going to be your best chances for a job. Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, those are the biggest areas. I grew up about 20 miles east of Lexington in Winchester, it's a nice little small town. I currently reside in Frankfort, the Capitol and its also a nice area. It's situated right off I-64 about 30 miles west of Lexington and 45 miles or so east of Louisville. The only area I would avoid is southeastern KY. The economy is not as good there and there's a big Rx pill problem there.

Feedback Score
    I can't speak to the employment opportunities, but I can say that I enjoy living in Kentucky. Ky is gun and NFA friendly. The biggest gun show I've ever attended was in Louisville. Louisville has a lot to offer, education, entertainment, sports, and hospitals. Ky does have a state income tax though. Look into local ordinances for each community, not all are alike.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

For those residing in KY any info is appreciated.

I was born and raised in Owensboro KY, I am still here with my family.

Ky is nice, land is decent and the laws are pretty friendly.

Louisville can be pretty left leaning though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't forget to also look down near Hopkinsville, growing pretty heavily due to the proximity of Clarksville, TN (Fort Cambpell)...you also will find a pretty heavy concentration of people who think like you and probably read this board frequently...
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Assigned to Bragg, but still own a home in Elizabethtown, KY, not far from Fort Knox and Knob Creek. After years of dismissing the state as backward and underdeveloped, I was amazed when I actually moved there at how great a place it really is. Had even planned to retire there, and still might, depending upon my health, but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend the Commonwealth to anyone.

Beautiful scenery, intriguing history, friendly people, low cost of living and reasonable firearms laws all add up to one very good place to live. I'm sold on the Bluegrass State.

AC

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thanks for the information everyone especially you AC, thank you sir. Ill keep doing my due diligence and hopefully I'll be able to get a line on a few employment opportunities to follow up on. I have a few months left of grad school and frankly tired of waiting for something fed LE related to come to fruition so its time to start blazing a trail. Kentucky definitely sounds like a winner though.

Feedback Score
    We would be glad to have you.
    WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Assigned to Bragg, but still own a home in Elizabethtown, KY, not far from Fort Knox and Knob Creek. After years of dismissing the state as backward and underdeveloped, I was amazed when I actually moved there at how great a place it really is. Had even planned to retire there, and still might, depending upon my health, but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend the Commonwealth to anyone.

Beautiful scenery, intriguing history, friendly peope, low cost of living and reasonable firearms laws all add up to one very good place to live. I'm sold on the Bluegrass State.

AC
    OFF TOPIC

I'm still a noob here and can't post in GD yet, but I wanted to let you know I've been praying for you and your situation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast