Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For those residing in KY any info is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerfrasher View Post
    OFF TOPIC

I'm still a noob here and can't post in GD yet, but I wanted to let you know I've been praying for you and your situation.
    I am grateful for your intercession on my behalf, brother. It has made a very great difference, I assure you.

AC

Feedback Score
    Louisville area here (Shepherdsville). I can echo the previous posts. Born and raised here and I love it. Louisville politics can get on your nerves a bit, but it seems no worse than any where else.

A small local dept (Mt. Washington) had an ad in paper the other day, they may still be hiring. Certainly not big money, but a growing area with good people.

AC, same here. I pray for your recovery. E-Town is a nice area.

Heck South Central Ky has some of the best people anywhere in my opinion!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

For those residing in KY any info is appreciated.

Politics aside (it is a college town, after all), I really like the city of Louisville. It's surprisingly clean, not too large, full of great destinations (the minor league baseball stadium -- Louisville Slugger Field -- alone is worth a trip), home of the incomparable Churchill Downs, and surrounded by beautiful country in every direction. Then there is the nearby Bourbon Trail, for those so inclined. I also highly recommend the pizzeria just down the block from the Louisville Slugger museum and factory on West Main -- pretty sure it was/is "Luigi's."

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Do they still have the taxes for Jefferson county and Louisville residents? I lived there a while back (St Matthews and Fairbanks) and was pretty stunned by our tax bills the first year. We ended up moving across the river to New Albany, as tax exiles.

Bootleg BBQ in Mount Washington was hard to beat. I hope it's still in business. Great vittles!

And nothing beats a pub crawl on Bardstown Road in Louisville. Start at the top, then walk, stagger and crawl your way down to the bottom of the street.

And OP, do not be surprised if they ask you "Do you bleed red or bleed blue?" when you arrive. It's a basketball thing - University of Lousiville or University of Kentucky. I replied that I preferred not to bleed at all, and got puzzled looks.

I enjoyed Kentucky a lot, but could not find a good margarita or chicken fried steak to save my life, so I moved back to Texas. Good folks up there.

Feedback Score

Re: For those residing in KY any info is appreciated.

County and city merged into "Metro Louisville". I'm not sure about tax bills.

You mean Bootleg BBQ in the shack on Bardstown RD? Yes its still there, awesome wings.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    If you HAVE to bleed (LOL), it's better to bleed red right now. UK just lost in the first round of the NIT tourney to Robert Morris University (who?????).

I'm a Tennessee fan so I bleed ORANGE!

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottFarkus View Post
    County and city merged into "Metro Louisville". I'm not sure about tax bills.

You mean Bootleg BBQ in the shack on Bardstown RD? Yes its still there, awesome wings.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Yep, that is the place! It was in a metal prefab by the side of the road, before you went up the hill into Mount Washington. They had some tasty smoked turkeys, too!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You guys are killing me lol. Definitely sounds like a great place to relocate. It appears both Louisville Metro and Lexington City PDs are hiring so they look like good places to start.

I'm not gonna lie though I love me some good BBQ

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    You guys are killing me lol. Definitely sounds like a great place to relocate. It appears both Louisville Metro and Lexington City PDs are hiring so they look like good places to start.

I'm not gonna lie though I love me some good BBQ
    I work for the jail in Lexington. Metro PD is always hiring. It's sometimes tough to get on, and they treat the recruits like dirt until they graduate, but it's pretty decent pay.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerfrasher View Post
    I work for the jail in Lexington. Metro PD is always hiring. It's sometimes tough to get on, and they treat the recruits like dirt until they graduate, but it's pretty decent pay.
    Good to know. At this point I'm content with a foot in the door so long as their is a reasonable opportunity to advance within the department progress into different areas or specialization. Sounds like they have a lot of turn over then?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast