Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Vickers Tactical Level 1 Carbine, Subgun, and Pistol Caliber Carbine Class – Aug

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

2008 Vickers Tactical Level 1 Carbine, Subgun, and Pistol Caliber Carbine Class – Aug

2008 Vickers Tactical Level 1 Carbine, Subgun, and Pistol Caliber Carbine Class – Aug 2-3, 2008

Vickers Tactical website: www.Vickerstactical.com

Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.

Select Special Operations , Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.

2008 Vickers Tactical Level 1 Carbine, Subgun, and Pistol Caliber Carbine Class – Aug 2-3, 2008:

Topics covered include safety, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their carbine includes field stripping and maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, shooting positions, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting. Malfunction drills and shooting on the move as well as transitions. Timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level.

This class is now open to all;

- Standard 5.56mm, 5.45x39mm, and 7.62x39mm rifles & carbines. This includes AKS-74U Krinkov's and super-short AR's.

- Pistol caliber carbines, UZI carbines, HK 94, USC, clones thereof, Beretta Storms, Kel-Tec, M1 Carbines.

- Legally registered subguns, such as UZI, Sterling Mk 4, S&W M76, HK MP-5, MP40, PPSh-41 & 43, M-3, Thompson, etc. Bringing a PPSH-41 will get you extra bonus points.

Primary Instructor: Larry Vickers

- Class dates: Aug 2-3, 2008

- Cost: $400

- Location: Private range in South Hill, Virginia (Directions will be provided during class sign-up).

- Class size: Maximum sixteen students

- Serviceable handgun (For transition training) of at least 9mm

- Ammo: 800 carbine/subgun/pistol caliber carbine, 150 pistol

Gear requirements:

(1.) Eye & Ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
    (2.) Minimum four (4) high capacity subgun/carbine magazines
    (3.) Minimum two (2) handgun mags
    (4.) Chest pouch to hold 3-4 subgun/carbine magazines would be “Nice” – LAV quote
    (5.) Handgun mag pouch - Ability to carry a spare pistol mag on body.
    (6.) Serviceable sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions - tactical type preferred
    (7.) Suitable handgun holster
    (8.) Suitable range wear depending on the season
    (9.) Subguns/Pistol Caliber Carbines Rifles zeroed at 50 yards
    (10.) Good attitude.

There are no pre-requisites for this course.

FN USA representatives will also be on hand with both the FN SCAR-L & SCAR-H weapons. Everybody will get the chance to handle them, ask questions, and test fire them.

Please contact me at photaling10@verizon.net or M4carbine.net PM if you would like to attend.
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 06-20-08 at 16:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    PM sent

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    PM sent
    Welcome aboard.

Sign-up & deposit/payment forms have been sent.

Feedback Score
    I'm in. You don't see subgun/pistol classes run by top-tier trainers like Larry come along every day - wouldn't miss it.

Sign-up form & deposit are in the mail to Paul and Larry. . .

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Due to the high number of requests for another carbine I this class is going to be opened up for standard 5.56mm, 5.45x39mm , and 7.62x39mm carbines, SBR's (Krinks, Super-short AR's, etc), pistol caliber carbines, as well as the original subguns. Now you can swap back & forth between them during the class. If you missed out on the January Level I carbine class this is your chance.

It will be the same material as a Level I carbine, but the personal instruction will be tailored to each persons weapon.

IMO: This will be the funniest class of the year.

I will be editing the 1st post in the thread to reflect these changes in the morning.
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 04-04-08 at 23:14.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would like to welcome M4C member koolaid into the class. He is the 1st guy to take advantage of Vickers Tactical opening this class up to standard carbines and/or rifles.

While this class may be open to many different types of weapons each student is going to receive specific individual instruction on the weapon they have chosen to shoot.

Think of it as a Level I class were you can bring any carbine, rifle, pistol caliber carbine, or subgun. Personally I think this class is going to be a blast with everyone having the opportunity to bring and shoot many different weapons. Most classes are very weapon specific but this class is going to be different.

It is also the last Vickers Tactical Level 1 class in South, Hill for 2008 (non-pistol)
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 04-06-08 at 08:54.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Im in. IM Sent.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by riverguide View Post
    Im in. IM Sent.
    Welcome aboard.

I just emailed you the sign-up info.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    This class looks like a good time for sure!

C4

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Gonna bring the Sterling Mk. 4 and probably a couple other toys.

As the price of 5.56mm keeps going up and up, this is a great opportunity to be able to train with much less expensive 9mm ammo.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast