Thread: 10/22 is done

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

10/22 is done

I bought this thing a couple years ago.
    Ruger 10/22 that came with the scope, a thumbhole stock, Volquarstein trigger and Adams and Bennet fluted bull barrel

Well since I'm a lefty the thumbhole stock had to go and I replaced it with a Hogue. Much more useable in this configuration.

After that, the scope mount threads in the receiver stripped out, so I had them re-tapped and installed a picatinny rail and bought some new bigger rings.
    While the gun was at the shop, I went ahead and had the barrel threaded as well for a muzzle device. It just so happened I had a KX3 laying around. It worked really well actually. I had lots of folks at the range ask if it was a suppressor, because shooting subs was so quiet.
    Added a Harris bipod somewhere in there too. It's short and rock solid. Very glad to have the bipod at the bench.

My mind got to thinking shortly after receiving my AAC can, I could just get another brake and put the suppressor on my 10/22. It is overall heavier than I ever expected my 22lr to be, but it's a dream to shoot. I don't shoot suppressed a whole lot as the 22lr will make the baffles filthy, but I am hoping the muzzle brake will alleviate some of the gunk versus just a straight three prong blackout.

Thoughts, comments. I'm happy with the plinker. could use better glass, but the 20x is overdoing it for the 22 anyways. Not looking to put a $1000 scope on a rimfire.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice .22 i need to buy a new one,mine is old as the hills.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgunhand View Post
    Nice .22 i need to buy a new one,mine is old as the hills.
    They're pretty tough to find in my area these days.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree