Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you carry your speedloader?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I carry my speed strip in the little 5th pocket of my jeans.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Strong side pocket under pistol
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can't verbally describe it well - but I straddle the top of my belt with the loader or moonclip. I run a thick rubber band from the knob, under he belt and back onto the knob. When grabbed with force - the rubber band breaks and flies off somewhere - and I'm ready to load.
    John
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Comp 1: Strong Side - Pants/Shorts Pocket under belt, or Cargo Pocket

Speed Strips:
    Strong Side- Pants/Shorts Pocket under belt, or Cargo Pocket
    -or-
    Tuff Products Quickstrip Belt Pouch Medium Nylon Black
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/159...um-nylon-black
    Last edited by SPDGG; 07-14-13 at 18:28.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    I can't verbally describe it well - but I straddle the top of my belt with the loader or moonclip. I run a thick rubber band from the knob, under he belt and back onto the knob. When grabbed with force - the rubber band breaks and flies off somewhere - and I'm ready to load.
    John
    Do you mind posting a picture of this set-up? Would it be possible for rounds to be pulled from the speedloader while removing it from the belt? I apologize if that's a dumb question I don't shoot revolvers often and never carry one.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by striped1 View Post
    speed strips in back pocket
    Yep same here, I carry two in my back pocket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    John
    Great idea! I get it.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    2 speed strips in the storage wallet/pouch thing. It's either in my offhand back/cargo pocket or offhand jacket pocket. I don't use it on my belt like it's made to do.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iCarbine View Post
    I use speed loader pouches from Simply Rugged. They wrap around the belt and contain the loader while the belt supports the loader by splicing the rounds with 3 outside the belt and 3 inside (rounds pointing down). This is the most compact way to carry speed loaders that I've found.
    Same here. I've looked long and hard and Simply Rugged's speedloader pouches as the cleanest solution yet.

Oh, and make my speedloaders Safariland Comp IIs
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 07-18-13 at 05:29.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tostado22 View Post
    Do you mind posting a picture of this set-up? Would it be possible for rounds to be pulled from the speedloader while removing it from the belt? I apologize if that's a dumb question :D I don't shoot revolvers often and never carry one.
    Sorry - but I'm a non-techy geezer, so pics are not in my future.

Only way you'll lose a round is the same way you'd lose one coming out of a pouch, i.e., twisting the loader knob.

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast