Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 Pistolsmith Index

Feedback Score
    Jim milks, innovative custom guns. Worked With George Smith (EGW).Both have built quite a few 1911s for me.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
    Jim milks, innovative custom guns. Worked With George Smith (EGW).Both have built quite a few 1911s for me.
    Last time I saw George he was not doing any work anymore. His shop might, but I'm not even sure of that anymore. Pretty sure he is focusing on his parts business which is doing very well. He used to always have a few for sale but last time I went up I don't remember even seeing those around...

Feedback Score
    George Smith EGW no longer builds guns. Jim milks started out in the business working for George When the shop was in Doylestown. George moved up to Quakertown To concentrate on machining the aspect of the business. George and Jim are good friends. Jim is top tier he learned from one of the best in the business!

Feedback Score
    I had a great experience with Ryan Flynn - http://www.acgwllc.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You can take Jess Gypin off the list. His site hasn't been updated in a long time and even if it was you probably wouldn't want his quality of work anyway.
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I want to suggest Virgil Tripp, http://www.trippresearch.com/, but I'm not 100% if he's taking on work. His web page has always been problematic.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    updated somebody give me feedback on Jess Gypin as somebody else on another board was happy with work from him so i'll leave him for now.

Virgil's site is weird, if he is taking work someone let me know and i'll put him on there too.
    -Too many guns not enough time-
    2016 Rocking: Sig Sauer, Vortex Optics, GA Precision, MGM targets, MARS Armament, Inc., KMW Rifles, Mack Brothers, B&T Industries, Prime Ammo, Mile High Shooting Accessories, Gray Guns, Armageddon Gear, Rustick Knives, LLC.,Bartlein Barrels, CORE Shooting Solutions, Magpul.
    Contributing author on www.modernserviceweapons.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Use Jess Gypin at your own risk. I found his work to be less than satisfactory.

+1 For Jim Milks and Innovative Custom Guns. Outstanding communication and exceptional work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    gotcha
    -Too many guns not enough time-
    2016 Rocking: Sig Sauer, Vortex Optics, GA Precision, MGM targets, MARS Armament, Inc., KMW Rifles, Mack Brothers, B&T Industries, Prime Ammo, Mile High Shooting Accessories, Gray Guns, Armageddon Gear, Rustick Knives, LLC.,Bartlein Barrels, CORE Shooting Solutions, Magpul.
    Contributing author on www.modernserviceweapons.com

Feedback Score
    Michael Allee, Gunsmithing Only (gunsmithingonly.com)

He doesn't advertise himself as a 1911 guy but he is a 1911 pistolsmith, he can even do complete builds.
    If you can't kill it with a firearm designed by John Moses Browning then it wasn't meant to be killed.

I will accept the rules that are necessary to your freedom. I am free no matter what laws surround me.

Pro-gun quotes that aren't made up @ guncite.com

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast