Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you support a tax incentive for firearms training?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    Imagine a tax incentive to get training.

There would of course need to be some vetting of instructors, and not just any neckbeard NRA safety officer or reserve deputy could sign you off, but good trainers teaching VSM, Magpul, RB1 and HSP-quality stuff. Would a program like this help get people to the range? Especially folks who just plunked down $2k for a Bushmaster over the last three months?

What would it take to get the recent influx of new shooters to a good class? The right incentive would at least take the edge off a decent class and ammo.
    No, no, no. IMO it is not any government's (taxpayers') business to encourage me to train more, nor to eat "healthier", nor to drive an electric car, nor to use mass transit, etc, etc. But if people in other states want to spend their own taxpayers' money on something like this, that's their business. If you want to see the training industry get really screwed up (higher cost, lower quality, shortages, corruption, etc), then get government more involved in it.
    Last edited by oldtexan; 03-30-13 at 09:52.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I don't support extra tax on anything, alcohol, tobacco, etc. Next thing we will be paying an extra tax on Coke, ammunition and guns.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I can't think of any new taxes i would support.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hell no.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Nope. Just a IG mentioned, the caveats and stipulations for receiving that incentive would be monkeyed about with as a way of trying to manipulate what sort of training was occurring. No thanks.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123