Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you support a tax incentive for firearms training?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Holster View Post
    Amen! Less government, better quality of life for all.
    I'm all in favor of less government, I'm just trying to figure out how to get the gov't we have to work for us. We seem to be in a defensive state right now, fighting off legislation without creating much in the way of policies that work FOR us and protect our rights as gun owners.

The way I see it, a tax incentive wouldn't hurt us. It wouldn't lead to more restrictions and the worse that could be done is that it's canceled.

I think training is a huge problem despite the declining death rates. Hell, there's a gigantic thread in the general forum dedicated to stupid shit we hear in the gun store. You only have to go to a public range to see that firearms education is sorely lacking among most gun owners. We represent a small percentage of shooters that actively seek out good training. If we can increase those numbers, I'm willing to look at almost any idea.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I understand what you are saying, but it's akin to trying to legislate behavior. How would the tax credit work? How will it be verified? Will the .GOV be able to dictate acceptable training or types of training?

The bottom line is that people will make excuses and it will only benefit those of us who already spend time and money training or shooting.

The current crop of politicians is not going to endorse any program that they cannot put their name on, nor will they allow it without trying to implement their version of what is right.

Remember this is the same group that is against the NRA teaching any firearms related safety material in the schools and has passed enough stupid laws to last a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I'm all in favor of less government, I'm just trying to figure out how to get the gov't we have to work for us. We seem to be in a defensive state right now, fighting off legislation without creating much in the way of policies that work FOR us and protect our rights as gun owners.

The way I see it, a tax incentive wouldn't hurt us. It wouldn't lead to more restrictions and the worse that could be done is that it's canceled.

I think training is a huge problem despite the declining death rates. Hell, there's a gigantic thread in the general forum dedicated to stupid shit we hear in the gun store. You only have to go to a public range to see that firearms education is sorely lacking among most gun owners. We represent a small percentage of shooters that actively seek out good training. If we can increase those numbers, I'm willing to look at almost any idea.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    The way I see it, a tax incentive wouldn't hurt us.
    The gov't entity decides that the only way to get the incentive is to go to one of Pincus' "watch-me-fairy-prance-over-burning-hay-bales" courses to rate the incentive.

No, the incentive might not hurt, but...

1)...by ceding that disbursing authority to an entity, you subsequently cede the authority for that entity (or some other department) to decide WHAT you have to do.

2) For this to be a "GO," it will have to be run by the same sort of folks that oversee the current "do not educate; instead, teach strictly to the standardized tests" method found in public schools.

3) The gov't, at all levels, already seeks out pervasive and underhanded ways in which it might infiltrate the day-to-day lives of the citizens under the guise of "public good" (kinda like how when women say stuff like "I want to help you to grow as a person...," what they REALLY mean is "My ability to love you is incumbent upon my ability to change you..." Freakin' diabolical....) Is it wise to SUGGEST ways they might do so?

Any of those read as pretty danged hurtful.

No, thanks.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    The government butt****s everything it comes in contact with. Why would we want it involved in firearms training?
    Exactly!
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    None of this has changed in the 30 years I've been going to the range. As an RSO at a local range, I can see stupidity equally spread among all age groups and occupations. In fact, despite having official training, I even have problems with ex-military and ex-police.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    If there were a tax credit for farting I'd be for that because taxes are too high. My taxes would also be really low in that case. Seriously though, my job pretty much allows me to write off training and range time and I think that you could conclude that firearms safety and proficiency training is good for the country and therefore worthy of incentives (CMP?), but there's a flip side. If you want the tax credit you have to tell the federal government, every year, that you own guns and they will maintain your tax records.

I'm not trying to sound like a tinfoil hat guy here, but the governor of my state said confiscation would be considered when he geared up to push through his gun control bill, which now he apparently is claiming he didn't really fully understand. The government knowing more about the behaviors and habits of law abiding gun owners just doesn't sit well with me at the moment.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Heck no! Don't want the govt to dabble in things that I love nevertheless, if you have a good CPA, you should be able to expense most of it out if you own a business somewhat related to it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am able to write off a portion due to unreimbursed work expense. Do I want to write it all off? Hell yeah but I don’t think that the gov’t should be able to pick and choose who gets the nod. We all know that anytime the gov’t gets their hands on something it go straight retard in most occasions.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    I don't think they should tax firearms or ammo at all. If it is my right to have them why should they charge me for exercising my right.

Feedback Score
    There's already a training tax. It's called "entry fee."

You would never get any gov't cooperation to give these "domestic terrorists" even more training. And, gov't turns to shit anything it touches.
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast