Thread: anybody run a belt and chest rig?

Feedback Score

anybody run a belt and chest rig?

i'm doing a somewhat more practical version of outlaw 3gun that replaces the shotgun with a precision rifle. i.e. rifle, carbine, handgun. which means i need to carry a couple AICS mags, in addition to a couple pistol mags, and a couple AR mags, plus all the gear you normally use to make long range shots (kestrels, laser range finders, dope cards, etc)

Add a small med kit and a dump pouch and it's a little more gear than comfortably fits on either my belt or chest rig. So I've been wearing both for a while, but I'm not entirely comfortable with it as the clearance between top of the belt and bottom of the chest rig are just a little tighter than i want. It actually works, it's just that i'm bumping into stuff and slowing reloads down.

i'm wondering if anyone runs both, has encountered this issue, and what if anything you did to mitigate it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Run chest rig higher.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    heh, yeah. that's my last resort, as running it higher starts to interfere with my backpack harness. i can also run the belt an inch or 2 lower, but it starts to interfere with my running. gear mgmt is such a PITA

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    Run chest rig higher.
    ^This.

I'm a LEO and I use an Esstac Bush Boar A-1 chest rig (in black) as an Active Shooter rig, worn higher so I can more easily access my duty belt. I also have an additional Bush Boar A-1 (in multicam) set up identically for my own personal use and training, which I run with an I.C.E. Battle Belt set up similar to my duty belt in regards to equipment location.
    www.king33training.com

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2/1 SFG(A)
    ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM / DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Feedback Score
    I also just wear the chest rig higher. Seems to work for me, although it can be a little tight sometimes with reaching certain pouches. I'm still tweaking it though.

Mike

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Maybe its just me, but I always thought a chest rig was to be worn on the CHEST, not around the midrif?

MM

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    They work well together. As stated above wear it higher. As a side note, I wear my battle belt lower on my hips to clear heavy IMTV on the mil side and SWAT vest on the LEO side. A pair of suspenders helps with this.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    heh, yeah. that's my last resort, as running it higher starts to interfere with my backpack harness. i can also run the belt an inch or 2 lower, but it starts to interfere with my running. gear mgmt is such a PITA
    is this a PC, or just a chest rig? I wouldn't think a chest rig would be as much of a problem as a PC if worn at the same height.

fwiw, I run an Eagle chest rig up pretty high and it's very low profile. but I use two KYWI short mag pouches on my belt as my primary carbine mags. I just backfill from the chest rig...
    never push a wrench...