Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inforce HSP WML Light Review

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Inforce HSP WML Light Review

I've had the HSP WML for about a month now and have been running in on a couple long guns. Here's what I've found so far...

Pros:
    -Cost. The light can be had for around $120 shipped.
    -Uses one 123A lithium battery.
    -Easy on/off mounting. Very secure once mounted
    -It handles recoil well. No issues on the 12ga pump shotguns
    -Momentary on/off only. I generally prefer simple on/off controls on defensive lights but this may be a "con" for some folks.
    -200 lumen output
    -Has two methods of preventing it from accidently being activated (1. twist the bezel or put up the hinge on the back of the light to prevent it from being hit by gear/ect...)
    -Lightweight. 3oz with battery (includes mount)
    -1.5 hour constant run time.
    -Cost. Comes in at around $109

Cons:
    -Only comes in black (due to it being the strongest polymer)

Here's a video showing some day/night shooting, a comparison with a 104 lumen LED Maglite and a Surefire X300U, a deomonstration of the mounting system, and a discussion of the pros and cons of the light:

HSP/WML HD Video Review Link
    Last edited by JSantoro; 06-10-13 at 15:06. Reason: Battery correction

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great review. I've spent a lot of time looking for a weapon light for my AR15, and found a hell of a deal on one of these with the Thorntail mount. I liked it, but had a bit of "what if I would have gone with the Surefire" remorse. Glad you made the video with the Surefire next to it, alleviates all of those thoughts and I'm glad I went the way I did.

I'm with you on the con too. I wish I could have picked it up in FDE.

That said, where did this one come from?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk8qdx8goCk

Prototype? Paint? Or is it just a "I'm Travis Haley and I get special stuff"?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket220 View Post
    Great review. I've spent a lot of time looking for a weapon light for my AR15, and found a hell of a deal on one of these with the Thorntail mount. I liked it, but had a bit of "what if I would have gone with the Surefire" remorse. Glad you made the video with the Surefire next to it, alleviates all of those thoughts and I'm glad I went the way I did.

I'm with you on the con too. I wish I could have picked it up in FDE.

That said, where did this one come from?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk8qdx8goCk

Prototype? Paint? Or is it just a "I'm Travis Haley and I get special stuff"?
    There are FDE ones as far as I'm aware. Their website even shows them. However, the 200 lumen version that was co-made with Haley Strategic only comes in black. The other ones (125 Lumen) come in the FDE also.
    What I wonder is if painting the light would affect it any because of the special heat releasing vent thingys (proper term right there). The only way I could see would be taping those off and then rattle canning it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The FDE ones (as of now) aren't HSP/WMLs and have different activation modes and lumen output. That's my understanding anyway...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post
    The FDE ones (as of now) aren't HSP/WMLs and have different activation modes and lumen output. That's my understanding anyway...
    You are right. The Momentary Only + 200 Lumen version is by HSP/Inforce and it comes in black only. If you want High/Low/Momentary/Infrared and 125 Lumens or just the 125 Lumen momentary they come in FDE also.

Feedback Score
    What kind of mount did you use?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tha101 View Post
    What kind of mount did you use?
    Just the built in one on a 1913 MOE rail.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are these made in the U.S. ?
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Are these made in the U.S. ?
    Rhode Island I believe.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One Arm Crank does a good youtube review too. Funny dude. Looks like skater but can drive a gun pretty well. Check him out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast