Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sighting in Aimpoint Comp M2

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    This is NUTS!

The irons are precision. The dot is sloppy seconds. Zeroing the precision capable irons on a slop dot is coo coo for coa coa puffs.
    My bad, I did not specify an additional step, I really didn't think I had to - but it was obviuosly a bad assumption on my part.

After I get the irons zeroed onto the red dot I verify it by zeroing them on paper (red dot off).

Call it whatever you want, it has worked for me since my first crappy BSA red dot (which I gave away a very long time ago) and I can get both the dot and the sights zeroed with minimal rounds (as long as I do my part).
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    Call it whatever you want, it has worked for me since my first crappy BSA red dot
    I have one of those crappy BSA red dots on my 10/22. Works good for what it is.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I have to agree with the last couple post, keep the two seperate. I usally sight in BUIS then mount and sight in my M68's. Although it is a back-up I tend to turn off the scope and shoot the BUIS alot so I need them to be dead on. Additionally the dials on the aimpoints work together, meaning if you move the windage the elevation is also affected (and the opposite) as you may well have noticed by now. That is why it is good to start close and move your way out. I have seen many guys slap a optic on a gun and go to the range, set the target up too far out and waste alot of good ammo ( that they could have just given to me ) while turning the dials on the scope like mad men. When they where done it looked like someone used an M60 on the target. There is nothing wrong with short distances and working your way. Just my .02, alittle late but maybe it will help some.
    "Airborne Shooter"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123