Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reloading benches ~ Homemade options?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Double your original length if you can and I wouldnt go anywhere less than 30" deep. Most countertop is 30"(give or take) deep to give you an idea of how deep you are talking.

If you only build 40" wide, you WILL be building a second bench in short order. The bench we built at my dads house was ~60" and its PACKED FULL and we wished we had built it another foot or so(and there was room to do it too).

We have installed a center support for those lower shelves since they were bending pretty good once all loaded up. They just didnt have enough girth to hold the load.

Feedback Score
    Great info and pics, I need a garage again for sure. I actually found a bench/table that's like 40" tall and 24x48" in my shed over the weekend, 3/4" top, legs are only 2x2s but it'll work for the time being I think. Just need to shop for some pegboard attachments and/or shelves to go on the wall above it and I'm set to start off I think. In regard to powder and it's storage, what is considered to be ideal; cool and dry place I'm guessing? Obvious assumption would be what's on the jar and out of direct heat and away from open flames!
    Last edited by jbg123; 04-01-13 at 15:34.

Feedback Score
    You can never have too much space or bench.

[IMG][/IMG]

Greg

Feedback Score
    Small benches will work but should be mounted to the wall for stability. A large heavy bench has its weight to do that job but also should be mounted to the wall if possible. I put some loaded ammo boxes on the bench to weigh it down...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    If you only build 40" wide, you WILL be building a second bench in short order. The bench we built at my dads house was ~60" and its PACKED FULL and we wished we had built it another foot or so(and there was room to do it too).
    +1

I started reloading at the beginning of last year and built a 48" wide bench. I'm already working on a 2nd one because I need some more room to permanently mount my vise, case trimmer, etc.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I like keeping my bench relatively small. More surface equals more clutter. I could have a bench a MILE long and still not have a clear spot to set something down on.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I made my bench using plans from hammerzone.com. My bench is 48" wide which I've found adequate for reloading - I perform my brass cleanup somewhere else. The hutch was pretty straight forward and was done with a single sheet of plywood. Plans link: http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/w...below20xl.html

My current setup:
    http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting realism and excellence in combative shooting.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I need that light rig.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Re: Reloading benches ~ Homemade options?

My uncle built my reloading bench the draws are finished niw though

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by morpheus6d9; 04-06-13 at 08:27.

Feedback Score
    Here's my first bench I built. I have since built another just for cleaning guns, and gun smithing. I added peg board, and a top to hang a 6ft shop light.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast