Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P 9c

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just brought home an M&P9c. No safeties or locks.

Walked into the nearby fun store to get some cleaning patches and saw 6 MONTHS SAME AS CASH on the door. So filled the credit app and went shopping.

They had a sweet new S&W Model 21 (44 Special fixed sight N frame) with the case hardened frame (I love that gun) but the piss poor wood to metal fit was not worthy of a Daisy Red Rider. So I left it and picked up the M&P. I have a feeling that will become, after break in and getting some leather, my favorite carry piece. That thing fits my hand as well as my revolvers do.

Feedback Score
    Can you use full-size M&P mags in the the 9c version?

Spooky

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post
    Can you use full-size M&P mags in the the 9c version?

Spooky
    Yup. They work just fine.

Here's the promised pics:

As you can see, it has a slightly longer grip and a slightly longer barrel, but it also holds two extra rounds. It still fits in the same holsters as the G26 including the pictured Galco pocket holster. With the standard floorplate magazine you get a two finger hold on the M&P 9C. With the extended floorplate you get a very comfortable 3 finger grip.

Pics can only do so much so I encourage getting hands on with both side by side before making a final decision.

Feedback Score
    Ditto for all of the above. Tamer recoil, faster follow up shots in double, triple shots and rapid fire. Fits my hand way better than my G23. I am highly considering the M&P40c.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    John Wayne:
    In the bottom picture, the gun underneath the M&P looks like a Sig or something?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    John Wayne:
    In the bottom picture, the gun underneath the M&P looks like a Sig or something?
    You're right...it's a P239. I threw it in there so folks could get an idea of how the M&P stacked up against it, but I neglected to mention it.

I must now do pennance:

Bad TOS moderator! No donut!

Feedback Score
    LOVE my M&P9C! Even with Corbon DPX (115gr +P) it's as tame as a gun can be. Girlfriend shooting it had no problems and she has very limited firearms experience.

Only thing I did to it was add a 10-8 rear sight. They had a deal with S&W last year for two free mags. I checked the box for 17rd mags since it came w/ 2 compact ones and I don't plan to reload with the 12 rounders. The gun functions just fine with the 17rd mags, and one has a +5 Arredondo extension.

I carry a G27 as my BUG daily. I'd ditch it for the M&PC in a heartbeat if my agency allowed. The M&Ps are fantastic and have outdone Glock IMHO.

ToddG Guest
    J_W -- thanks, those are great pics!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt5172 View Post
    I must be in the minority. I prefer the Glock over the M&P. I've owned the fullsize 9mm, compact 9mm and a 45. I've sold them all, no better than my Glocks IMO. I prefer the Glock trigger and Glock ergonomics. The Smith is a good gun but no better than the Glock. If I were just starting out, I may give the M&P more consideration. I already all the holsters, mags and parts I need for the Glocks and can't see selling everything just to try a different platform.
    I look at it the exact opposite of you. I have sold all my Glocks and gone directly to the M&P for the following reasons:

1. Much better ergonomics.
    2. More rigid frame.
    3. CT grips integrate perfectly.

Even though you are a Glock fan, I still like ya!

C4

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I look at it the exact opposite of you. I have sold all my Glocks and gone directly to the M&P for the following reasons:

1. Much better ergonomics.
    2. More rigid frame.
    3. CT grips integrate perfectly.

Even though you are a Glock fan, I still like ya!

C4
    Thanks Grant!
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast