Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S&W M&P 9c

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    One of Smith's issues is that they have to count the "beavertail" in the OAL of the pistol, which adds about a quarter of an inch. When I saw the very first prototype years ago I laughed myself out loud over that. I was working for SIG at the time and knew that little nub of plastic was going to play hell with meeting paper specs.
    can't a person just cut or file off that "beavertail" if they were so inclined?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    .Yes.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    As YG said, yes, you can. But when a governmental entity goes out to bid and establishes dimensional specifications or awards points/preferences based on dimensions, that beavertail gets counted.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wonder how long will it be before S&W removes the tail off the fullsize M&Ps?

Tooling-wise, it's a fairly simple rework to add a plug to that section of the mold.

ToddG Guest
    My guess: never.

If it comes down to making a difference for a big contract, they might make a modified frame, I suppose. But it's the design of the gun and one of the "features" they advertise as superior over the competition. Personally, I couldn't care less whether it's there or not.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I made the same decision about a year ago when I was looking for something to carry during the summer. I ended up going with the G26 over the M&P9c because it was a tab bit smaller, all of my G19 holsters would work, more support for other holsters, parts interchangeability with my other Glocks, and at the time there were still a lot of mag drop issues with the M&P9c.

I made the right decision at the time because the G26 is an awesome little carry weapon. I carried it all summer, most of the time wearing shorts and a t-shirt. It carries extremely well…so well in fact that I carried all fall and winter! For a little guy like me it’s perfect.

However I don’t shoot it as well as my G19 or G17. I shoot it good enough but not as well as my other Glocks.

Now, if you asked me today what to buy I would probably say the M&P9c. It appears that S&W has all the kinks worked out and support (holsters & accessories) are much better than it was a year ago. In addition you get great ergonomics and 2 extra rounds. It’s not as small as the G26 but I think the ergonomics make up for it. I’m not selling my G26 but I am picking up a M&P9c as soon as Grant gets more in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    love love love my m&p 9c. daily carry gun for the last 6 months in a mtac iwb. shoots accurately, low recoil and reliable (1500 thru no problems) sold my g19 to get it. next up is a M&P 9L.....and maybe a mp45

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123