Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188
Results 1,871 to 1,878 of 1878

Thread: Pipeline is opening up

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I honestly don't think I've seen .22 there since well before Sandy Hook.
    If you go there at 6am, you'll probably see a bunch of scummy guys sitting in lawn chairs buying all of it as soon as they put it on the shelves.

I have.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    If you go there at 6am, you'll probably see a bunch of scummy guys sitting in lawn chairs buying all of it as soon as they put it on the shelves.

I have.
    A trend that has apparently swept the country. I see it also.

Good deals on Asolo boots @ Sierra trading post.
    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~a...ts/?perPage=24

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    When I can find 9mm at Wal-Mart I'll agree with you but until then I will have to disagree.
    It's all the time here in Georgia, but mainly Federal now wwb.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know this has turned to .22lr availability talk, but I wanted to mention something that I'm getting a chuckle about. All of the hoarder/chicken littles who bought ARs, SCARSs, ACRs, and other things during the height of the frenzy and spent 2x-3x the actual retail on those items because they just had to have them.

I'm haphazardly in the market for a SCAR, so I've been browsing the used for sale on a number of gun forums I frequent. Mind you if you look you can find a NIB SCAR for $2150 or less, but man I am seeing some hilarious crap. "Like-new SCAR-16S $2600! Only 1000 rounds fired slow fire only, I don't shoot guns fast like an idiot, minor wear (included pics actually show significant wear on sling points from mash hooks), rare FDE version!" You know this clown probably paid upwards of $4000 for this gun 14 months ago like a fool, and now can't accept that it's worth $1800-$1900 tops. I see this sort of non-sense all of the time.

Back to your .22LR discussion...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    I know this has turned to .22lr availability talk, but I wanted to mention something that I'm getting a chuckle about. All of the hoarder/chicken littles who bought ARs, SCARSs, ACRs, and other things during the height of the frenzy and spent 2x-3x the actual retail on those items because they just had to have them.

I'm haphazardly in the market for a SCAR, so I've been browsing the used for sale on a number of gun forums I frequent. Mind you if you look you can find a NIB SCAR for $2150 or less, but man I am seeing some hilarious crap. "Like-new SCAR-16S $2600! Only 1000 rounds fired slow fire only, I don't shoot guns fast like an idiot, minor wear (included pics actually show significant wear on sling points from mash hooks), rare FDE version!" You know this clown probably paid upwards of $4000 for this gun 14 months ago like a fool, and now can't accept that it's worth $1800-$1900 tops. I see this sort of non-sense all of the time.

Back to your .22LR discussion...
    You don't have to go far to see that, plenty of idiots asking big bucks for guns in the EE on this very forum.

How you gonna ask me to spend $750 for a Colt 6920 lower when I can buy the whole damn rifle for $250 more? The ammunition in the EE is the worst. $0.80/rd for 5.56? Blow me...
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You don't have to go far to see that, plenty of idiots asking big bucks for guns in the EE on this very forum.

How you gonna ask me to spend $750 for a Colt 6920 lower when I can buy the whole damn rifle for $250 more? The ammunition in the EE is the worst. $0.80/rd for 5.56? Blow me...
    Yup, seen it here too, although most people here are a little more down to earth compared to other places.

It's a damn hoot seeing morons trying to sell 7N6 for $1.50/round after what happened in March. I wonder how far that retard train will go.

ETA: I saw a guy getting ready to plunk down $3200 for a bare bones 6920 in January 2013. I normally keep my mouth shut and my head down when I visit the LGS, but I was compelled to try to talk the guy out of it. Sadly, he wasn't having it. I didn't feel all that horrible when I saw him getting into a brand new M3 after he had completed the purchase.
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 04-07-14 at 11:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Yup, seen it here too, although most people here are a little more down to earth compared to other places.

It's a damn hoot seeing morons trying to sell 7N6 for $1.50/round after what happened in March. I wonder how far that retard train will go.

ETA: I saw a guy getting ready to plunk down $3200 for a bare bones 6920 in January 2013. I normally keep my mouth shut and my head down when I visit the LGS, but I was compelled to try to talk the guy out of it. Sadly, he wasn't having it. I didn't feel all that horrible when I saw him getting into a brand new M3 after he had completed the purchase.
    Watched a friend pay $1500 for a beat up bare bones RRA right after Sandy Hook. I told him to wait but people do what they want.

Local gun classifieds are filled with bottom of the barrel Franken builds for laughable prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Listen. Tell. Run Like Hell.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecWired View Post
    Watched a friend pay $1500 for a beat up bare bones RRA right after Sandy Hook. I told him to wait but people do what they want.

Local gun classifieds are filled with bottom of the barrel Franken builds for laughable prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had a friend who was ready to drop over $1k on an unconverted Saiga 7.62. I was able to talk him down from the ledge luckily.

Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188