Page 3 of 188 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Pipeline is opening up

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Up North in Wi we don't usually have much selection to choose from. but I came down to Springfield MO for few days, have seen more stripped lowers and decent ARs on the shelf than I have in a long while. even picked up a 6920 at precraze pricing.:
    [I]Life is Hard, It is even Harder if You are Stupid.
    John Wayne[/I]

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanRider View Post
    Up North in Wi we don't usually have much selection to choose from. but I came down to Springfield MO for few days, have seen more stripped lowers and decent ARs on the shelf than I have in a long while. even picked up a 6920 at precraze pricing.:
    I don't recall what per-scare price was in the 6920, but personally know of 4 bought yesterday in two adjoining counties at less than $1100 retail. Black and FDE furniture, with a 30 rd PMAG (only 1 mag).
    Send lawyers, guns and money the $#!+ has hit the fan...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got my BYO code email from DD yesterday (~7 days to ship once the order is submitted), but I already have a V7LW on order and there is no BYO LW 16" barrel option available so I'll wait for the V7LW. DD's are back to selling at list on Gunbroker.

Sig 556R's are still selling at a premium on Gunbroker, but they're under $1500 finally (~$1,100 pre panic). They had been selling for $1500-1800 for a while now and were well over $2k at the height of the panic.

Hopefully reloading supplies, 223/556 and 9MM range ammo will rapidly follow suit.
    Last edited by mrvco; 03-30-13 at 10:30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Now if BCM or HSP will put more Jack Carbines in the pipeline, I will be a happy man. That was my planned next buy, before all of the craziness started.
    Send lawyers, guns and money the $#!+ has hit the fan...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    Of course the price is still far higher than before. We aren't by any means though the whole ordeal just yet, and the more the news covers "gun control" the more the situation will continue to draw on. Things just happen to be headed in the right direction when it comes to prices and availability. The fact that you COULDN'T EVEN FIND 5.56 and now you can find it regularly at higher prices is a leading indicator that supply is moving back into line with demand. It may take 6 months to see 40¢ a round and we may not see 35¢ a round again. Inflation alone may have brought the materials costs of primers, powder, brass and copper to a point where that's not economical anymore (for the folks that don't want to do the mental math, that would be $7 boxes of 5.56).
    I'm pretty much in agreement with this analysis,although it is true that a lot of people have spent all they are willing to spend at this point until things level out. We're getting back to normal at a snail's pace,and I think we can expect to see more or less normal pricing again,although I don't see it at being as low as before.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    My belief is that dealers (i.e., FFL holders) were sort of hoarding these things until their expectations of a "ban" or some type of supply shock were eased. Having the FFL license gives dealers a monopoly of sorts. Ergo, why would they dump a bunch of stuff on the market at pre-panic prices if they have exclusive access to said items and can get a panic price for them? Further, were a ban of some type to go through, they would be kicking themselves for not waiting a little longer to earn higher rates of return on their stock.

Only two factors would lower prices: (1) dealers' inventories becoming so bloated that they start lowering prices to move product. This would create competition among dealers and prices would start to stabilize downward---not necessarily pre-panic, but lower than panic. And (2) consumers running out of money.

My point is that I believe dealers were, at least in part, creating the supply shock which their FFL license allows them to do. This isn't to say that the industry and manufacturers didn't get hit with exorbitant and unanticipated demand shocks. I'm simply saying that in this environment, there is an incentive for dealers to not display for sale their full inventories in order to shift the supply curve left.

At least that's what my economics tells me.

I'm glad that things are coming back to normal. I have used this time to buy accessories and such (lights, optics) which weren't hit with the same supply and demand "constraints" and shocks.

Feedback Score
    I reload. Bullets are getting easier to find as well as primers. Powder and brass.......now that's a different story.

Feedback Score
    It looks like M855 is becoming more available on line but the prices are still a little out of line. I think I will just go to the garage and load some pistol ammo and wait a month or so to buy 5.56.

Feedback Score
    I am just ready for the BCG pipeline to open up.

Feedback Score
    New member, new AR owner but long time gun owner. Gotta jump in somewhere. I've been looking for .223 since I bought my AR. I've scored some here and there and it's getting easier to find at a reasonable price (sub .60 cents/rd). I've seen it much lower in the last couple of weeks but my budget is reserved for .22lr. Even that is under 10 cents/rd if you look around and wait.

I know I bought my AR at an inflated price, but I got a good firearm with all the bells and whistles (.556 chamber, M4 feed ramps, blah, blah, blah)and the couple of hundred premium I paid during a time of uncertainty doesn't make it any less fun to shoot. The place I got it is advertising lower prices now and ammo in stock. If I shoot 270 Win, I'd have all the ammo I ever needed at my local Wal-Mart. Online you can get stuff if your patient and it's getting easier.

I think I've learned not to put things off. I was going to get the AR last summer but put it off. I could have bought more .22 at anytime but wasn't planning on shooting as winter approached. No more. I see a good deal, I'm getting it. Plenty shoot and a little to keep in case the SHTF. Things are opening up and in a few month, hopefully, things will be back to some semblance of normal.

Page 3 of 188 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast