Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PA counties

Feedback Score

PA counties

Hey,

Just wanted to know what are the good counties to live in that you can the best for your money.

Thanks
    Everybody wanna be like mike!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think it depends on what your needs are and what you would like access to. For onstance, if you still want access to major gun ranges, gun stores, sporting evenys, nightlife, and good medical care but did not want to live in Pittsburgh you could move to Butler county. Lower taxes, more affordable housing in places, but still close enough to all of the above.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: PA counties

What he said ^ but on the east side of Pa. Bucks County is good. Close to Philadelphia, has everything from urban to cow country. The current Bucks County sheriff is good with NFA stuff and has no problem signing off on paperwork. Montgomery county sheriff is not too gun friendly and 50/50 on signing off.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    What he said ^ but on the east side of Pa. Bucks County is good. Close to Philadelphia, has everything from urban to cow country. The current Bucks County sheriff is good with NFA stuff and has no problem signing off on paperwork. Montgomery county sheriff is not too gun friendly and 50/50 on signing off.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Montco is also high property taxes

Feedback Score
    My wife is from Doylestown and so naturally we go there to visit her family quite frequently. I'm looking for jobs in that area because I want to move out of this hell-hole liberal state I'm currently in. Bucks County and Montgomery County are both really nice, though pretty expensive. Lehigh County isn't too bad either. It has a different feeling than the rest of Eastern PA that I can't quite put my finger on.

I also really like Gettysburg, though in the rest of Adams County there's a whole lot of nothing.

In Western PA, Butler County is pretty nice and I really like Pittsburgh (my mom's family is from that area).
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 03-30-13 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    It all depends on what you want to do, what kind of job, kids, etc. I live in Elk County I am 2.5 hrs from Pittsburg, Erie, and Buffalo NY. Its pretty quite in north central Pa. The sheriff in Elk County will sign in heart beat when asked Its cow country with the benefits of industry and a 1000yd rifle range!!! The rent is fair as there isnt a strong oilfield presence here yet.

Feedback Score
    Another vote for Adam's County (Gettysburg), or western York County.

Close enough to decent jobs (Baltimore, DC area) and far enough away from the same crap associated with those places. Commute time over 1 hr but worth the ride once you get home.

Land is reasonable, beautiful country, and conservative climate.

If you're buying land look into parcels greater than 10 acres. Once you go over 10 you are eligible for "Clean and Green" status which substantially reduces your property taxes.

Not to mention you can easily shoot on 10 acres!

Aegis

Feedback Score

PA counties

Thank you guys for your input. I been considering PA a Lot because here in ny there is no much to look for. So when my times comes I want to move to such a free state and be able breath that fresh air :P
    Everybody wanna be like mike!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Cool

DEMOCRAPS have pretty much fouled up Pittsburgh for 90 years now - we manage in spite of them. Avoid Philthy and you should be fine most anywhere.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I happen to be looking for 15 to 40 acres in that area right now. Do you have any good resources for finding available land? Not too much offered for a reasonable price that I've found online. Most stuff I see is asking $8K to $10K per acre which is pretty crazy. Prefer to find bare land.

I see a bunch of real nice empty farm parcels throughout the area. I'm tempted to start cold-calling farmers to make offers on pasture land.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Another vote for Adam's County (Gettysburg), or western York County.

Close enough to decent jobs (Baltimore, DC area) and far enough away from the same crap associated with those places. Commute time over 1 hr but worth the ride once you get home.

Land is reasonable, beautiful country, and conservative climate.

If you're buying land look into parcels greater than 10 acres. Once you go over 10 you are eligible for "Clean and Green" status which substantially reduces your property taxes.

Not to mention you can easily shoot on 10 acres!

Aegis

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast