Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PA counties

Feedback Score
    Craig,

The price on smaller tracts will be higher per acre than the larger ones.

Be wary of people selling or looking to sell to potential developers. You might be better off buying and existing farmhouse, gutting and adding on to it then going after a parcel that has been divided off a larger one. Remember building is expensive and running electric 1/4 mile will be well over $15k.

Stay away from pure farmland, and pure woodlots as they area going to be more expensive than say a lot with 1/2 farm and 1/2 woods.

Here is a link to Adams county real estate with properties over 10 acres.

http://www.homes.com/Real_Estate/PA/...&minLotSize=10

Here is a nice piece of land for less than $5100 an acre:
    http://www.homes.com/listing/1827934...FIELD_PA_17320
    Last edited by Aegis; 03-31-13 at 19:00. Reason: Addition

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good tips, thanks. I've done the demo/reconstruction on an old home before and won't be signing on for that again!

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Craig,

The price on smaller tracts will be higher per acre than the larger ones.

Be wary of people selling or looking to sell to potential developers. You might be better off buying and existing farmhouse, gutting and adding on to it then going after a parcel that has been divided off a larger one. Remember building is expensive and running electric 1/4 mile will be well over $15k.

Stay away from pure farmland, and pure woodlots as they area going to be more expensive than say a lot with 1/2 farm and 1/2 woods.

Here is a link to Adams county real estate with properties over 10 acres.

http://www.homes.com/Real_Estate/PA/...&minLotSize=10

Here is a nice piece of land for less than $5100 an acre:
    http://www.homes.com/listing/1827934...FIELD_PA_17320

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayglock View Post
    I think it depends on what your needs are and what you would like access to. For onstance, if you still want access to major gun ranges, gun stores, sporting evenys, nightlife, and good medical care but did not want to live in Pittsburgh you could move to Butler county. Lower taxes, more affordable housing in places, but still close enough to all of the above.
    this. Bucks county is almost paradise. I miss it. Much better than west PA, they dont even have cheesesteaks!
    Last edited by masakari; 04-01-13 at 01:40.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    this. Bucks county is almost paradise. I miss it. Much better than west PA, they dont even have cheesesteaks!
    We don't have the Iggles or the Flyers, either... but we manage.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: PA counties

Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    My wife is from Doylestown and so naturally we go there to visit her family quite frequently. I'm looking for jobs in that area because I want to move out of this hell-hole liberal state I'm currently in. Bucks County and Montgomery County are both really nice, though pretty expensive. Lehigh County isn't too bad either. It has a different feeling than the rest of Eastern PA that I can't quite put my finger on.

I also really like Gettysburg, though in the rest of Adams County there's a whole lot of nothing.

In Western PA, Butler County is pretty nice and I really like Pittsburgh (my mom's family is from that area).
    Im a few miles south of Doylestown in Jamison. There has been a lot of farm land for sale lately in Swamp rd right off 263. A few farmhouses with one being advertised as "homestead". I dont remember which but one is 10 acres $640k

Between the burbs and Philly there are jobs it just depends on what you do.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Arik; 04-01-13 at 07:46.

Feedback Score

PA counties

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Im a few miles south of Doylestown in Jamison. There has been a lot of farm land for sale lately in Swamp rd right off 263. A few farmhouses with one being advertised as "homestead". I dont remember which but one is 10 acres $640k

Damn 640k for 10 acres? That's a little bit steep
    Everybody wanna be like mike!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelowrey View Post
    Damn 640k for 10 acres? That's a little bit steep
    That part of Bucks co. is expansive. There are a lot of side roads that almost take you back 80 years but otherwise its very built up with McManssions all over the place. And even in this economy developers are still buying up land and plunking down 10sq ft homes.

Feedback Score

PA counties

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    That part of Bucks co. is expansive. There are a lot of side roads that almost take you back 80 years but otherwise its very built up with McManssions all over the place. And even in this economy developers are still buying up land and plunking down 10sq ft homes.

Damn good to know that man, if it weren't for you guys people looking to get something there would get raped! Lol
    Everybody wanna be like mike!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Dont get me wrong its not all like that. It just depending on what youre looking for. A nice 1500-2k sq ft townhouse can still be had for $220k +/-. A 2k sq ft + single home in the mid 300k. You just wont have a huge lot or a gigantic back yard and your neighbors will be 30 ft away.

Feedback Score

Where in elk county is the 1000yrd range.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast