Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PA counties

Feedback Score
    Don't overlook the middle of the state. It is sort of like a gun owner paradise down the middle of the state. You aren't that far from Pittsburgh/Harrisburg/State College/York and most of the gun ranges here don't have out of control rules.

There certainly are expensive areas, but the vast majority has very low property taxes and RE values are generally more than reasonable.
    Last edited by Ick; 04-01-13 at 09:40.

Feedback Score
    Here is the link for the 1000yd range. Its in Ridgway,Pa and they hold NRA High Power and IDPA matches

http://ridgwayrifleclub.com/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    this. Bucks county is almost paradise. I miss it. Much better than west PA, they dont even have cheesesteaks!
    UPPER Bucks is almost paradise. Lower Bucks is a war zone and Central Bucks is too expensive for my civil service job.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: PA counties

Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    UPPER Bucks is almost paradise. Lower Bucks is a war zone and Central Bucks is too expensive for my civil service job.
    I dont know about a "war zone". Most of the townships that border NE Philly (Bensalem, Feasterville, Upper & Lower Southampton, Warrington, Warminster) are nice. However i work in one of the "war zone" suburbs bordering Trenton NJ.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    I guess you've never lived in Frankfurt haha
    Man I miss PA.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's all relative...

You are correct, it is all rainbows and ice cream in Warrington.

I just like Upper Bucks because it's quiet and your money goes a ton further.

We put in work where I work too. I hear Trenton is nice this time of year...lol
    Last edited by TheTick; 04-02-13 at 14:26.

Feedback Score

Re: PA counties

Quote Originally Posted by gin828 View Post
    Here is the link for the 1000yd range. Its in Ridgway,Pa and they hold NRA High Power and IDPA matches

http://ridgwayrifleclub.com/
    Are they black rifle friendly at the range?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Very black rifle friendly!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like Chester County as it is close enough to the population centers for work, culture, etc., but still rural or semi rural in much of the county. It also has a buffer zone from Philly which is somewhat of a rat hole.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I moved up here to Gettysburg 12 years ago to get away from those commie Marylanders. It took a bit of adjustment, kind of like living in Mayberry, everything has a much slower, relaxed pace.
    Taxes are a killer in the bourough. Food selection is pretty bad, I don't touch the seafood around here. Finding good employees is damn near impossible.
    That said, the community is really tight here, they are always there for each other. And a really nice place to raise kids. Free healthcare for the young and old. Close enough to Maryland to go get some crabs from people who know what to do with them.
    I like it here in Adams Co.
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast