Thread: BCG questions

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

BCG questions

I was offered a BCG, the man who offered it said he forgot who made it but that it was the company that built them for DD. This threw me a bit as I was under the impression that DD made their own BCG? Is/are there any distinguishing marks to look for?

Jon
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    One of my spare BCGs is a Daniel Defense. It has a DD logo in front of the divot.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    One of my spare BCGs is a Daniel Defense. It has a DD logo in front of the divot.
    Thanks Ryan, whats a divot? I will assure its vary visible?
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Its my verbage (wrong Im sure) for the recess in the BC that that the dust cover fits into.

I can get you a picture if you would like.
    Last edited by ryan; 03-31-13 at 11:07.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Its my verbage (wrong Im sure) for the recess in the BC that that the dust cover fits into.

I can get you a picture if you would like.
    No that's OK brother

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Not to cause you a headache, but there are some early ones that were not marked. I have an early, factory assembled M4V1 and the BCG is not marked. They started the DD logo after initial production:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=62528
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    Not to cause you a headache, but there are some early ones that were not marked. I have an early, factory assembled M4V1 and the BCG is not marked. They started the DD logo after initial production:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=62528
    No headache caused the bcg in my wife's rifle is DD and it has no marking either.

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wouldn't be surprised if they used subcontractors from time to time like everybody else.