Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Savage MKII FV-SR ??

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Savage MKII FV-SR ??

I'm looking for a decent .22 bolt action suppressor host and was thinking that this would be a good one. But I can't find one locally, much less online anywhere so I wanted to get some input before back ordering one.

The stock looks like a terrible cheek weld but I could make a kydex riser or buy the Boyd's Tacticool stock. Who all here has one and what's your opinion on them?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just put mine together in a Boyds Tacticool w/ DIP BOTTOM METAL. I used Burris Signature Zee rings with a Nikon P-22 2-7x32 scope. Sweet little package, accurate, and came in around $500 for everything.

I went shooting yesterday and got very good groups. I honestly had more fun shooting this .22 than anything else I have shot in a while.
    Last edited by kVon; 05-20-13 at 16:22.
    "The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Awesome thanks! How ling have you had it? I've been having HELL trying to find one in stock anywhere?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
    I'm looking for a decent .22 bolt action suppressor host and was thinking that this would be a good one. But I can't find one locally, much less online anywhere so I wanted to get some input before back ordering one.

The stock looks like a terrible cheek weld but I could make a kydex riser or buy the Boyd's Tacticool stock. Who all here has one and what's your opinion on them?
    About a week ago my LGS parros.com had two in stock. That's where I bought mine. 802-244-8401.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Had it a couple weeks now. Local gun shop called Gunnies (Utah) had a few in stock.
    "The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Sorry missed that. I love mine!

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The factory stock sucks even with a check riser, it might as well be made of pure rubber. The Tacticool stock is still kinda soft but plenty useable and cheek weld is much improved. Great little gun, Ive got one sitting in the safe waiting for me to get off my butt and mod but my friends FVSR is great. 3/4" groups with bulk ammo at 50yds all day long. Pretty good IMO for a factory cheapo rifle with junk ammo.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I own a Savage MKII TR and it shoots really well with Wolf MT 40g ammunition. You can't go wrong with a Savage .22 rifle.
    Last edited by T2C; 04-03-13 at 04:51.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    As stated, the factory stock sucks and I'll admit that the metal finish isn't the best, but I love mine anyway. An inexpensive rifle that's quite accurate and has a great trigger out of the box will always be a good buy.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I don't mind the stock. It's nothing special but it works for me.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast