Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Savage MKII FV-SR ??

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Just a heads up, for anybody looking to pick one of these up, Kentucky Gun Co has some in stock. I just purchased one today, and I am looking forward to trying it out.

Feedback Score
    Out of the box, added Mueller APV and a cheap Caldwell bipod (returning, shoulda just ordered the harris) this is a fantastic combo. 50m zero, started out 6" low and 1" left, 15 rounds later shot MOA or better. Left my phone in the car no freakin pics of the targets. Best 5 shot group was 1/2" and only fired 80 rounds through it today. I have never owned a bolt .22 before and regret not buying sooner.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by B!GD; 01-19-14 at 18:02.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This may be a stupid question but could a AAC Breakout or Blackout brake be mounted on this and then us a M42K suppressor? Am I way out in left field or is that feasible?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    This may be a stupid question but could a AAC Breakout or Blackout brake be mounted on this and then us a M42K suppressor? Am I way out in left field or is that feasible?
    sure you can for VERY limited use, however I wouldn't since rimfire ammo will leave lead deposits inside your non serviceable M42K. I cant see a few rounds causing any damage though if you just wanted to try it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    sure you can for VERY limited use, however I wouldn't since rimfire ammo will leave lead deposits inside your non serviceable M42K. I cant see a few rounds causing any damage though if you just wanted to try it.
    Hmmm. If that is the case definitely not what I was thinking. My line of thought was that since I already have a M42K I could use that as a suppressor for this rifle instead of having to go through the whole ATF process again. It was just a thought.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Hmmm. If that is the case definitely not what I was thinking. My line of thought was that since I already have a M42K I could use that as a suppressor for this rifle instead of having to go through the whole ATF process again. It was just a thought.
    So yes you can do it, however its not recommended since rimfire ammo is dirty and coats internals with vaporized lead unlike centerfire calibers.

These are rimfire baffles with a tad less than 2k rounds thru them. Trust me you don't want that junk in your expensive centerfire can!

These are the same baffles after I bead blast them to clean them which you can't do with the M42K

Last edited by wahoo95; 01-21-14 at 12:02.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    A quality 22LR bolt gun and suppressor should be high any everyone's list who doesn't have one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    A quality 22LR bolt gun and suppressor should be high any everyone's list who doesn't have one.
    Have the bolt .22lr and just sent the Form 4 in. Soon I will know what you are talking about.

By soon I mean in 16 months when my form comes back.
    "The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    So yes you can do it, however its not recommended since rimfire ammo is dirty and coats internals with vaporized lead unlike centerfire calibers.

These are rimfire baffles with a tad less than 2k rounds thru them. Trust me you don't want that junk in your expensive centerfire can

These are the same baffles after I bead blast them to clean them which you can't do with the M42K

I definitely see what you mean. Thanks for the insight

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Found a pretty good deal on this, wanted to let people know:

http://www.kygunco.com/savage-arms-m...d-barrel-36850

$216.xx, free shipping, $3.75 for insurance on shipping.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast