Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: newbi question on 870

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

newbi question on 870

I purchased an scattergun an original one before the company was bought by Wilson.
    It's a really nice shotgun. It's an original 14 barrel. Should I rebuild it in to a 3 gun pumper. Or sell it and buy something better for 3 gun.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911vm View Post
    I purchased an scattergun an original one before the company was bought by Wilson.
    It's a really nice shotgun. It's an original 14 barrel. Should I rebuild it in to a 3 gun pumper. Or sell it and buy something better for 3 gun.
    I don't know anything about 3 gun but I do know a 14" barrel is not legal in the states without a stamp. Measure the barrel from the back of the chamber to the end of the muzzle. If it less than 18" I would throw the barrel in the next river I crossed!!! GH

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The gun is legally registered. I just have no use for it. It was an impulse purchase
    . But I truly appreciate the concern.
    I think I am going to sell it. Does ant one have any idea how much to ask for? I looked around on the internet and just cannot find anything to compare to it.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    The gun is legally registered. I just have no use for it. It was an impulse purchase
    . But I truly appreciate the concern.
    I think I am going to sell it. Does ant one have any idea how much to ask for? I looked around on the internet and just cannot find anything to compare to it.
    Put up a picture and I can help putting a value on it. GH

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I will thanks

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    A registered NFA weapon as an impulse buy? o.O? That's a new one. My impulses don't tend to last for the 9+ months it takes to do all the paperwork and get the transfer paperwork back from ATF.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I did that too years ago. Totally useless. I'd still keep it if you have the space.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Out of curiosity, why is it useless? I mean, yeah, a 14" barrel isn't good for anything besides shooting assholes breaking into your house, but the 870 uses an easily changeable barrel. If you want to use it for sporting, just get a barrel for whatever you want to do with it . . . there's nothing in the laws about SBS/SBR's that preclude you from using it with an unregulated barrel length. If you put a 28" barrel on it, it doesn't stop being an SBS and doesn't break any laws.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by talaananthes View Post
    Out of curiosity, why is it useless?
    I have a bird gun for the rare times I go hunting. And there's no chance in hell I'd defend myself with a shotgun. I'd have to pass by like 6 ARs to get the thing out of the locker.

It was a cheap NFA buy. So no biggie.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast