Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: low T at 26!!!!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I met with my PA today and shared a bunch if this info. She said to email her with questions later. She wanted to research more in her own which is cool. Used a 22G 1" needle. It worked ok. No pain yet like 2 weeks ago. I'm going to follow up in two weeks and hopefully secure a supply of smaller needles. All they would use were 22G 1" needles. Had blood work today. I'm sure I will hear by Wednesday.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 06-28-13 at 19:08.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I met with my PA today and shared a bunch if this info. She said to email her with questions later. She wanted to research more in her own which is cool. Used a 22G 1" needle. It worked ok. No pain yet like 2 weeks ago. I'm going to follow up in two weeks and hopefully secure a supply of smaller needles. All they would use were 22G 1" needles. Had blood work today. I'm sure I will hear by Wednesday.
    I do confer directly with various docs on this topic BTW. A doc willing to take some time to look into the topic is a good sign in general and shows some open mindedness there.

I actually tend to find female docs are better in that particular respect and over time have come to prefer working with them in general for their approach.

Didn't think I'd like lady docs, now I prefer them all things being equal.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I do confer directly with various docs on this topic BTW. A doc willing to take some time to look into the topic is a good sign in general and shows some open mindedness there.

I actually tend to find female docs are better in that particular respect and over time have come to prefer working with them in general for their approach.

Didn't think I'd like lady docs, now I prefer them all things being equal.
    Yeah my MD is a woman, great lady and there are four or five PA's in the practice, all women too, I really like them all. It is a very comfortable place for me. When I went in following my chemo and was diagnosed with hypogonadism the female PA told me the chemo knocked out my nuts!

Well I thought I dodged the bullet so to speak but 12 hours later my leg freaking hurts. I will PM you ref the professional conference if that's cool.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Yeah my MD is a woman, great lady and there are four or five PA's in the practice, all women too, I really like them all. It is a very comfortable place for me. When I went in following my chemo and was diagnosed with hypogonadism the female PA told me the chemo knocked out my nuts!

Well I thought I dodged the bullet so to speak but 12 hours later my leg freaking hurts. I will PM you ref the professional conference if that's cool.
    Rgr rgr.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    True enough. Personally, I'd recommend requesting a copy of the blood work for your own perusal and records.
    Took your advice and got the report. It's 362. Four years ago(last time tested)it was 735. Have an appointment with an Endocrinologist next week. When it was over 700 I felt like I could take the building down with no tools. Now I'm lucky if I can pull a ceiling without taking a rest.
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see"
    Ronald Reagan,1988
    Oathkeeper

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rli7275 View Post
    Took your advice and got the report. It's 362. Four years ago(last time tested)it was 735. Have an appointment with an Endocrinologist next week. When it was over 700 I felt like I could take the building down with no tools. Now I'm lucky if I can pull a ceiling without taking a rest.
    Good luck with the Endocrinologist

Be prepared for a "you're in the 'normal' range and no reason to alter it" type response as a common response...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Good luck with the Endocrinologist

Be prepared for a "you're in the 'normal' range and no reason to alter it" type response as a common response...
    That's the GP's response. If this guy says it too then we'll go to another. I know what I'm supposed to feel like and how I can perform. It's getting to the point of not being able to do my job, and that could potentially cost someone, me or a Brother too much.
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see"
    Ronald Reagan,1988
    Oathkeeper

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rli7275 View Post
    That's the GP's response. If this guy says it too then we'll go to another. I know what I'm supposed to feel like and how I can perform. It's getting to the point of not being able to do my job, and that could potentially cost someone, me or a Brother too much.
    Understood, but remember that other possible causes other than low T may be involved, such as thyroid, blood sugar, BP, diet, various meds, and even hydration, etc, so make sure that's ruled out before proceeding with T therapy.

But, finding a doc you can work with who pays attention to your symptoms combined with labs (vs seeing you as just a lab number...) is essential in my view for best outcome.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-30-13 at 15:25.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Understood, but remember that other possible causes other than low T may be involved, such as thyroid, blood sugar, BP, diet, various meds, and even hydration, etc, so make sure that's ruled out before proceeding with T therapy.

But, finding a doc you can work with who pays attention to your symptoms combined with labs (vs seeing you as just a lab number...) is essential in my view for best outcome.
    I took the blood test and found my T was in the "normal" range for my age, but my thyroid had taken a dump on me.
    This was about 6 months after a double hernia operation and just as I was ready to get back in the gym.
    The thyroid medicine, Palio and gym work have made me feel remarkablly better.
    I would like to try the Testosterone treaments, just to see how much better that would make me feel.
    How do you find a MD that will work with you on this ?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I took the blood test and found my T was in the "normal" range for my age,
    Ask for a copy of the blood work. If the range is 220-1100 and you are 221 that's technically "normal" but far from bueno. Always as for a copy of the results for your records.

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    but my thyroid had taken a dump on me.
    This was about 6 months after a double hernia operation and just as I was ready to get back in the gym.
    The thyroid medicine, Palio and gym work have made me feel remarkablly better.
    I would like to try the Testosterone treaments, just to see how much better that would make me feel.
    How do you find a MD that will work with you on this ?
    You have established your GP/PCP will not work with you on that issue?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast