Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: low T at 26!!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Ask for a copy of the blood work. If the range is 220-1100 and you are 221 that's technically "normal" but far from bueno. Always as for a copy of the results for your records.

You have established your GP/PCP will not work with you on that issue?
    Essentially my Endocrinologist wont. He said that T treatments are dangerous.
    At 52 my level is in the low 200's ( I have the paperwork here somewhere) the problem for me is this just doesn't "feel" right.
    I realise it lowers naturally as you age, but it doesn't feel natural for me.
    Even in to my late 40's I still had the energy level and "drive" that I can't seem to find again. Work, relationships, hobbies etc. just aren't approached the same way.
    I feel that the risk of prostate cancer, though perhaps real; is worth the enhanced life I enjoyed when I was younger and my T levels were higher.
    It is hard for me to take ths Dr serious as he is an overweight slob with food on his lab coat when I see him. Although he might know the book answer, what is he basing my levels on? Probobly a National Average of Men that live life to set in the recliner and watch "The Game".
    I lived a pretty exciting, energy filled life as a young Man; I want it back. I feel like a Dr that might be more "enlightened" would understand that.
    I'm eating Paleo, getting back in to working out with heavy weights again and will start crossfit this fall. Right now I feel like I'm doing my part in this. Just looking for an MD who will work with me.
    Until then I will look for Natural ways to enhance it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    At 52 my level is in the low 200's ( I have the paperwork here somewhere) the problem for me is this just doesn't "feel" right.
    Even in to my late 40's I still had the energy level and "drive" that I can't seem to find again. Work, relationships, hobbies etc. just aren't approached the same way.
    I feel that the risk of prostate cancer, though perhaps real; is worth the enhanced life I enjoyed when I was younger and my T levels were higher.
    It is hard for me to take ths Dr serious as he is an overweight slob with food on his lab coat when I see him. Although he might know the book answer, what is he basing my levels on? Probobly a National Average of Men that live life to set in the recliner and watch "The Game".
    I lived a pretty exciting, energy filled life as a young Man; I want it back. I feel like a Dr that might be more "enlightened" would understand that.
    I'm eating Paleo, getting back in to working out with heavy weights again and will start crossfit this fall. Right now I feel like I'm doing my part in this. Just looking for an MD who will work with me.
    Finding a doc who's willing to work with you will likely take some leg work on your part. Depending on the state and other factors, can be easy to damn near impossible to find one who's up to date on male TRT/HRT and willing to wok with you. With levels in the 200s, I wouldn't expect to feel like your younger self no. As posted prior:

Testosterone Replacement Therapy – why is it so controversial?

An excellent article to forward to docs, etc as it's a science based look at the topic covering many of their concerns.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    My GP didn't want to do anything about my 362 level. I went to an Endocrinologist and he wants to start with the Andro Gel route and if necessary go to injections. Probably going to try that and see if I get any improvement.
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see"
    Ronald Reagan,1988
    Oathkeeper

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    My suggestion; Find a new doctor.
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My doctor is planning on suing the texas medical board over these wild T-levels and unstandardized publishings of "normal levels". No man should suffer from low T. It is a ridiculous argument to our health to subject someone looking for treatment to lowered levels just because the doctor feels 250 is a good number. They hand out estrogen like tic tacs to women in the form of birth control and progesterone as needed but if it involves testosterone which is the same family of hormone shared by both sexes it is somehow taboo. All because of sports. Lame. I will keep my levels up around 900 and that's where my doc wants them and its where I feel the best.
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
    My doctor is planning on suing the texas medical board over these wild T-levels and unstandardized publishings of "normal levels". No man should suffer from low T. It is a ridiculous argument to our health to subject someone looking for treatment to lowered levels just because the doctor feels 250 is a good number. They hand out estrogen like tic tacs to women in the form of birth control and progesterone as needed but if it involves testosterone which is the same family of hormone shared by both sexes it is somehow taboo. All because of sports. Lame. I will keep my levels up around 900 and that's where my doc wants them and its where I feel the best.
    Does the TX medical board set the levels for T in the state? That seems odd. Most docs tend to use the range of the labs they use.

The irony of course is, different labs use a different range. There's three major labs nationally used by most (of they don't work some place with their own in house lab) and all three, uses a different range.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Does the TX medical board set the levels for T in the state? That seems odd. Most docs tend to use the range of the labs they use.

The irony of course is, different labs use a different range. There's three major labs nationally used by most (of they don't work some place with their own in house lab) and all three, uses a different range.
    That is why he is challenging it. The VA uses levels of 200 as "normal" while some medical boards use 280 while others use 340... What my doctor told me is that there is no true level due to the hypocrisy of political and personal beliefs nothing rooted in science... and in the medical field this is a travesty to men. We need testosterone to live and function but everything from soy food additives to plastic bottles lowers and destroys our natural testosterone levels. And it is seemingly prevelent that the medical field could care less about men's health. So they turn a blind eye and put some arbitrary number to it and many doctors even refuse to treat men with low T due to personal beliefs and misconceptions of tesosterone. Our government has went so far as to schedule it in the same drug category as meth in 2004!!! All in the name of sports abuse.... Like I care about a baseball player using steriods. Because I really don't and all men in this country suffer from it by doctors refusing to treat a known problem.

It's ridiculous and my doctor is taking it up with Texas medical board and then possibly take it further from there. My health is important to me and hormone levels of men are no different nor less important than the health of the opposite sex which no one seems to have an issue with.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That is why he is challenging it. The VA uses levels of 200 as "normal" while some medical boards use 280 while others use 340... What my doctor told me is that there is no true level due to the hypocrisy of political and personal beliefs nothing rooted in science... and in the medical field this is a travesty to men. We need testosterone to live and function but everything from soy food additives to plastic bottles lowers and destroys our natural testosterone levels. And it is seemingly prevelent that the medical field could care less about men's health. So they turn a blind eye and put some arbitrary number to it and many doctors even refuse to treat men with low T due to personal beliefs and misconceptions of tesosterone. Our government has went so far as to schedule it in the same drug category as meth in 2004!!! All in the name of sports abuse.... Like I care about a baseball player using steriods. Because I really don't and all men in this country suffer from it by doctors refusing to treat a known problem.

It's ridiculous and my doctor is taking it up with Texas medical board and then possibly take it further from there. My health is important to me and hormone levels of men are no different nor less important than the health of the opposite sex which no one seems to have an issue with.

I don't know the process for challenging the ranges used by labs as far as it relates to a state medical board, but more power to him if he can bring some additional clarity to the fact different places and labs use different ranges.

I do know a brilliant doctor who graduated from MIT and Harvard med who lost his license to practice in TX because he dared to treat hypo gonadism in a far more advanced manner than the TX board allowed.

Probably the most gifted and knowledgeable doc on the planet for treating men TRT/HRT and he's now unable to practice medicine.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't know the process for challenging the ranges used by labs as far as it relates to a state medical board, but more power to him if he can bring some additional clarity to the fact different places and labs use different ranges.

I do know a brilliant doctor who graduated from MIT and Harvard med who lost his license to practice in TX because he dared to treat hypo gonadism in a far more advanced manner than the TX board allowed.

Probably the most gifted and knowledgeable doc on the planet for treating men TRT/HRT and he's now unable to practice medicine.
    That's terrible. Did the guy survive?

I have heard that the TX medical board is a tough organization to get to change anything that benefits the patient. As citizens we have basically no recourse other than the courts for bad doctors but they keep a tight leash on everything else.

I really do hope that he comes through and gets some things changed. He is also challenging the accepted range of 'normal testosterone' in men as it is sometimes as great as 200-800... that's a 600 level difference. Which seems crazy to accept that low number as OK barring some kind of special prostate condition in where the doctor would want to keep test levels at a ridiculously low level or something. But that's an exception I would think not the norm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That's terrible. Did the guy survive?
    His ability to practice medicine was removed, so his business destroyed and his patients screwed. If interested:

Michael C. Scally, M.D., Appellant v. Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, Appellee

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/tx-court-...s/1576708.html

I have heard that the TX medical board is a tough organization to get to change anything that benefits the patient. As citizens we have basically no recourse other than the courts for bad doctors but they keep a tight leash on everything else.

I really do hope that he comes through and gets some things changed. He is also challenging the accepted range of 'normal testosterone' in men as it is sometimes as great as 200-800... that's a 600 level difference. Which seems crazy to accept that low number as OK barring some kind of special prostate condition in where the doctor would want to keep test levels at a ridiculously low level or something. But that's an exception I would think not the norm.
    Your guy may want to communicate with Scally as fair warning and intel as to how they don't play so nice when someone attempts to think outside the box and change the paradigm regarding male hormones, TRT, HRT, and those evil AAS...
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-15-13 at 13:38.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast