Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: low T at 26!!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay/\Low View Post
    Im 37 and after blood test last year my Testosterone was way low.
    Doc put me on some kind of cream I rub onto my body.Did that for like a month and had a severe anxiety attack and quit it. Doc said it was not what caused the anxiety. I beg to differ. After a while I didnt take anything but about 3 months ago I found some stuff in a health food store called Tmale. I have been taking 2 capsuls a day for a while now but have not been back to doc for blood work yet to see if it is working or not.
    If your dosage is to high you can have panic attacks. I know I did.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    What was your dose and injection schedule? Lower doses done once per week prevent large spikes and drops (as the half life of the ester overlaps) seen with large doses done every 2-3 weeks.*

Some docs know that, some don't. Finding a doc with experience and knowledge of male TRT/HRT is important to avoid such issues, as well as others that can arise.

* = In the US, via injection, only two basic esters of T are generally offered, so above is specific to US. Other countries have T blends and or longer acting esters of T.

Will, I was on a very hi dose of 2cc's of 200MG once each week. I'm not trying to turn anyone off the T Cypionate. I'm just conveying my experience. Many years ago I tried 1cc of 200MG bi-weekly. That was not often enough.

Chip

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    By the way, any good compounding pharmacy can whip up a testosterone cream with T Cypionate. The problem is the delivery/absorption can be erratic.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Count View Post

Will, I was on a very hi dose of 2cc's of 200MG once each week. I'm not trying to turn anyone off the T Cypionate. I'm just conveying my experience. Many years ago I tried 1cc of 200MG bi-weekly. That was not often enough.

Chip
    A medical doctor prescribed 200mg per week cypionate as starter dose?

As mentioned above, bi weekly will cause large spikes and dips in T vs smaller doses weekly, generally 100-150mg per week of cyp or enanthate.

Other countries have blends and or longer acting options and tend to be far ahead of the US in that area.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 04-02-13 at 13:44.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wife and I both went the compounding pharmacy route. The locations are not always convenient but once we got set with what we needed we call in for refills and have them shipped UPS.

The family doc is cooperative with ordering blood tests, we send the results to the pharmacy and have follow-up consults via telephone.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sl4mdaddy View Post
    Wife and I both went the compounding pharmacy route. The locations are not always convenient but once we got set with what we needed we call in for refills and have them shipped UPS.

The family doc is cooperative with ordering blood tests, we send the results to the pharmacy and have follow-up consults via telephone.
    How much T is the wife getting?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've always wondered what my levels were being 26 y/o, and your issue makes me want to get tested just to check... Hope everything gets resolved.

Forgive me if I'm uneducated on this matter, but aren't there OTC pills (T-boosters) that would work? Or is the gel/injection a better delivery method?
    OIF/OEF vet (Ramadi/Hit & Ghazni)
    Former Army infantry squad leader
    NR-EMT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Androgel for the last 3 years. Mine got really low too. It helps, but I'm just resigned myself to getting OLD
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed30 View Post
    I've always wondered what my levels were being 26 y/o, and your issue makes me want to get tested just to check... Hope everything gets resolved.
    Having a baseline is always worth having regardless of the results so you have something to compare to in the future.

Forgive me if I'm uneducated on this matter, but aren't there OTC pills (T-boosters) that would work?
    Nope. They are a scam and are not HRT/TRT

Or is the gel/injection a better delivery method?
    Gels, patches, injections, pellet implants, etc exist as options.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    How much T is the wife getting?
    Ok, that was a bonehead statement on my part without clarifying...She gets progesterone cream, I get testosterone support supplements along with adrenal and thyroid support.

She's been doing this for a couple years now and makes a big difference for her (admittedly not quite on topic for the thread). I'm only 3 months in and am scheduled for re-testing and a follow-up consult.

* I was trying to figure out a witty statement as far as 'where' She gets her 'T' but it would have ended miserably...

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ok, that was a bonehead statement on my part without clarifying...She gets progesterone cream, I get testosterone support supplements along with adrenal and thyroid support.
    Actually, not boneheaded at all. Some docs do combine a small amount of T with progest creams for women, with all the associated benefits of T (women need it too!), so I asked not being sure if it was indeed true or a typo.

Something you/she may want to research and discuss with the doc.

She's been doing this for a couple years now and makes a big difference for her (admittedly not quite on topic for the thread). I'm only 3 months in and am scheduled for re-testing and a follow-up consult.

* I was trying to figure out a witty statement as far as 'where' She gets her 'T' but it would have ended miserably...
    All good!
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast