Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: scope and bipod

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've had great success with the Leupold Mark AR Mod 1. Definitely should be with in your budget and it's great glass for the money.
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    This model Harris has no notches but does swivel.

http://www.harrisbipods.com/HBRS.html

Feedback Score
    Check out the bushnell 4200 or even the 3200 models, won't break the bank and I have enough of them to comfortably say they are good glass for the money. I'm actually in the process of swapping the bushnell 4200 4x16 off of my elk rifle (300 win) onto my varmint AR (LBC .204). Then the leupold 4.5x14 LR off the .204 will find its way onto the 300. The bushnell was 400$ in 2001 and has been on a 300wm all its life and never have I had an issue with it holding zero.
    The LBC super varmint came with a versa pod and I like it better than the Harris for field use. It swivels, and allows me to cant the rifle right and left to make up for un even ground. It's fast to set up to. Oh, and its cheap. Off of a solid bench I like the Harris but that's the only place.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhopper View Post
    i really do not want to drop a ton of coin on a scope for this thing. it really is not needed for my purposes. looking for a good, mid priced scope.

that vx-r looks nice.

I just purchased one the new Redfield Battlezone 3x9 scopes for my Coyote upper. Redfield is a subsidiary of Leupold so I figured I would give it a shot. It has adjustable turrets and a TMR style reticle. The glass was suprisingly good. I turned my Leupold MK 4 LR/T 3.5-10 down to 9x and viewed both scopes side by side at 300 yard targets. I think the glass on the MK4 had a slight edge but I really couldn't articulate why. Both were about equally bright, edge to edge clarity was good on both.

Feedback Score
    Has the Mk AR country of origin been straightened out yet? Seems Dick's thinks it comes from China.
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...uctId=13025295
    I've read that it's Chinese but "assembled" in the USA. How much assembly is required to take place for someone to make that claim? They might just screw on a turret cap or 2 in OR.

I'd say get one of the Leupolds if made in US. Otherwise, the Vortex Viper 2.5-10x32 or Weaver Tactical 2-10x36 scopes would be great if you can save another couple hundred (Weaver has a $100 rebate going for any in the Tactical line). The Nikon M223 2-8x32 would be pretty good for under $400. I like my Burris XTR14 and I've seen others online are pretty happy with the MTAC or TAC30.

Stay away from China. You should be shopping in Philippines for your price range (which is ok, I have some Burris FF2, Nikon Monarch) and might get something Japanese or US for a bit more $.

Get the Harris bipod and use that Atlas/GGG money toward the scope.

My vote for $600:
    http://swfa.com/Weaver-3-15x50-Tacti...pe-P55482.aspx
    Last edited by cspackler; 06-11-13 at 01:04.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Super cheap

Primary Arms 1-4x24, larue SPR mount, grip-pod. I just shot a MOA/sub MOA 4 shot group today with this relatively cheap set up. I think I have $175 in it, my brother gave me the scope and I bought three and sold two of the grip pods and made mine free. Why this is by far not the ideal set up, it would be hella cheap to replicate, you'll be as surprised as I was at the results, and you can always upgrade later and not lose your cash doing it. Just saying hat you don't need the greatest tools every time...it's practice and skill that make a shit to where you want it...;-)
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood for something, sometime in your life.----Sir Winston Churchill

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    FWIW, Orkan just recommended this scope to someone in the bolt gun forum.

Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP Mil Dot
    What mount would anyone recommend for this?

Would a QD mount be a viable option if one wanted to switch from that to RDS? If so, what would be a good one?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    The Blackhawk! Sportster Pivot Bipod 9-13"might be another option for you. Sold at Walmart. http://www.walmart.com/ip/BLACKHAWK-...d-6-9/20754633
    Last edited by Biggy; 06-11-13 at 23:16.

Feedback Score

Re: scope and bipod

Quote Originally Posted by cspackler View Post
    Has the Mk AR country of origin been straightened out yet? Seems Dick's thinks it comes from China.
    http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...uctId=13025295
    I've read that it's Chinese but "assembled" in the USA. How much assembly is required to take place for someone to make that claim? They might just screw on a turret cap or 2 in OR.

I'd say get one of the Leupolds if made in US.
    Hmm...mine says U.S.A. * Designed * Machined * Assembled on the bottom. I wonder what that means?

Rascal
    Rascal

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascally View Post
    Hmm...mine says U.S.A. * Designed * Machined * Assembled on the bottom. I wonder what that means?
    Rascal
    That would give me the impression that it was designed in the US with parts made in China that have the final machining and assembly done in the US. YMMV

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast