Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart employees not selling ammo after a certain time?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Walmart employees not selling ammo after a certain time?

I mentioned this in another thread (can't remember which) but don't think anyone ever responded to it. Have any of you guys ever been denied the sale of ammo at Walmart because of the time of day? I was told a few weeks ago by an employee that VA law doesn't allow the sale of ammo past 10. Not being positive, I didn't argue it but I was pretty sure that wasn't true and have yet to find anything saying it is. I did find a bunch of other people having the same stories at other Walmart's throughout the country. Anyone else have this experience? Is this an actual law that I've somehow missed?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread (can't remember which) but don't think anyone ever responded to it. Have any of you guys ever been denied the sale of ammo at Walmart because of the time of day? I was told a few weeks ago by an employee that VA law doesn't allow the sale of ammo past 10. Not being positive, I didn't argue it but I was pretty sure that wasn't true and have yet to find anything saying it is. I did find a bunch of other people having the same stories at other Walmart's throughout the country. Anyone else have this experience? Is this an actual law that I've somehow missed?
    They may have a store policy having to do with a manager being in house or something. They may also be confused with firearms since the manager is the FFL holder and so there has to be an FFL holder present or some such thing (I am not an FFL so don't know the exact law/regulation) but I would bet it is something to do with either or both of the things I wrote.

A friend of mine used to manage a local Wal-Mart Super Center (he was the head honcho head manager of the whole store) and the store's FFL was in his name and he explained all the company policies to me once but I don't remember the details, but your post jogged my memory enough to think it has to do with certain managers being on site.

(It could be a law too for all I know).
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

I've only found/bought ammo from my Walmart once since this shit began and it was around 9pm. I haven't heard of/experienced this.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    From what I was reading, Walmart as a whole has no such policy and in most cases it was just that employee.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've been told this a two different Wal-Mart’s. Once I ran out around 10:00 to pick up some extra ammo for shooting the next day and was told they had a store policy not to sell ammo after 9:00 PM. Another time while I was working steady midnights I was doing some shopping around 2:00 am on a day off and tried to stock up on some Winchester white box value packs while I was there. The employee on the floor seemed to think it was fine but he had to call the security manager to get the key for the display case and the security guy started acting all suspicious asking why I was out so late, what kind of ammo I wanted to buy, how much etc. then told me he couldn’t sell it outside of regular business hours. He clearly thought he was saving the world from the next mass shooting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    i occasionally venture into WIC Mart around midnightish to pick up random groceries and always make a point to eyeball the ammo case. The clerks never seem to have a problem asking if I need anything out of the case...but I dont have anything chambered in 7mm rem-mag or WSM.

I did get lucky on some surplus 12gauge buck in the green hull! I do know that they maintain a 3 box per customer limit, mom happened to be with me and picked up the other 2 boxes, so I scored everything!
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Feedback Score
    That happened to me here in Kentucky. The clerk told me it is state law.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    This exact shit happened to me last night. I have bought ammo from this specific Wal mart after 11pm before. Last night I left the gym at 11:30pm and decided to go to Walmart for some food and thought I'd see if I could get the freshly stocked ammo. The guy said he hadn't put the nights ammo out yet but that I couldn't buy any between 10pm-7am anyway. Wtf.
    Last edited by Smash; 04-02-13 at 19:22.
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I'm at Walmart now in Nebraska, never seen this before until today.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    That's ironic.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast